Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Large Printed Fabric

Blog Entries

Large Printed Fabric

I have a very large printed fabric that I want to make a quilt out of, but would ike to ask "WHAT IS THE LARGEST BLOCK YOU HAVE MADE?". The block I would have to make is about an 18" square. Also I have to do a QAYG as I am limited in space. Show pictures if you could and/or suggestions any will be greatly appriciated. Diane

I have often made 24" blocks and 12 blocks will make a quilt 72" X 96". All I do is look at a 12" block using 4 1/2 components and make the same pattern using 8 1/2" components. Simple
    block patterns such as Nine Patch, Friendship Star or Monkey Wrench easily translate into
    larger blocks and are quick and easy to stitch.
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

I would love to see what your fabric looks like!
    MistyMarie

If you count panels as a single block, I have made some 36x44. For a pieced block, I made a hunters star where each of the 9 blocks was 12" giving me a 36" block (it was a last minute request to do a raffle quilt). For the panels, I do creative borders -- and I did the same with the hunters star. What I have found is to put some smaller blocks or a piano key for the border. If you do QAYG, then you can build the border on the batting and backing -- that way the only heavy part would be the center.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    You can see the Print on Google-"eQuilter-18 Wheelers-Latte". I'm making the quilt for a friend who is a trucker. Thanks for your replies. Diane

Lived in San Diego now retired in Eagar, AZ.
    Blog Entries
    i guess the biggest would be the medallion quilt that had an Ohio Star that was 40 x 40...then borders took it to a queen size... the center of the star was a smaller star...down and down into the center...