Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Meeting Rosy - a very special person

Smile Meeting Rosy - a very special person

Hello everyone . . . Well, I would be doing my membership on this board a terrible injustice if I did not send this note . . . all I can say to all who responded to the unbelievable give away basket of scraps from Rosy, and also all others on any chats, threads, tutorials or anything else on this board, who have not met this incredible lady, I had the absolute joy and honor to meet Rosy yesterday for tea . . . what an amazing woman she is, and to see her work first hand is even more amazing. Her home is a place that I could stay in for days just looking at and admiring all her beautiful work; dolls, quilts like you wouldn't believe; paintings, etc. etc.. Warm, gracious, friendly, with an infectious laugh and charming smile AND close by . . . how lucky did I get!! . . . I am new to this area (Winter Park since July) and don't really know anyone as I work from my home and now God has truly blessed me with bringing Rosy into my life yesterday as I know we will be friends for a long time . . . she is so knowledgable and talented and a true delight to be with. . . I had delicious tea, banana bread and good conversation and the bonus on top of all that? . . . I GOT ALL THOSE SCRAPS, HUGE BASKET AND ALL . . . ahhh, for the first time in a very long time, I was NOT at the airport when 'my ship came in' . . LOL . . . so I just wanted to say Thank You to the Quilting Board, old and new, for bringing us together . . .

yeah!! I love stories with happy endings!! I've enjoyed Rosie's "sit down and chat" threads as she walks us through her garden. You got to do it in real life - with tea!!
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    Sounds like you are blessed with a new friend and know it.
    Create something beautiful from scraps.

How Glorious for both of you,

Thanks for sharing what is a wonderful treat in life ... a new friend!

The only thing to equal an old friend is a brand new one

Sounds as though it was meant for the two of you to meet and become friends. Good for both of you.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I don't know Rosy, but she sounds like someone I would like to know. How special for both of you. Thanks for sharing. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Blog Entries
    I am so happy for you and Rosie but a little jealous!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.
    quilter711
    Nancy

Blog Entries
    Who is Rosy? I'm in the dark! Enlighten me, please!
    Kerry
    ~ American by birth, Southern by the grace of God ~

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    That is so awesome !! A memory that will stay with you for a while ! and hopefully a friendship as well !!
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful get together, you've both been blessed! I'm glad for you.
    ♥♥♥ Loving Mama ♥♥♥

If life gives you scraps, make an angel quilt out of it!

That is a great story. I just had someone from the board contact me saying that she lived in my area. This board is great and the members are so gracious.
    Carmen E.

Me also, who is rosy, from your post i guess you are both in south africa?

Blog Entries
    How wonderful for both of you to meet and enjoy the beauty of becoming friends. Both of you are blessed.

What an awesome gift for both of you... a new friendship! I know I treasure the friends I have found here. There is one in particular who adds joy and smiles to my day, every day, even if I don't see or hear from her. All I have to do is think about her and I get a huge smile on my face. Knowing she is my dear friend warms and comforts me on the not so good days, and energizes me on the better days. How wonderful this board is and are all of you here.!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

That is so terrific! This Quilting Board brings people together in so many different ways. May God bless your blossoming friendship!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shatzi03 View Post
    hello everyone . . . Well, i would be doing my membership on this board a terrible injustice if i did not send this note . . . All i can say to all who responded to the unbelievable give away basket of scraps from rosy, and also all others on any chats, threads, tutorials or anything else on this board, who have not met this incredible lady, i had the absolute joy and honor to meet rosy yesterday for tea . . . What an amazing woman she is, and to see her work first hand is even more amazing. Her home is a place that i could stay in for days just looking at and admiring all her beautiful work; dolls, quilts like you wouldn't believe; paintings, etc. Etc.. Warm, gracious, friendly, with an infectious laugh and charming smile and close by . . . How lucky did i get!! . . . I am new to this area (winter park since july) and don't really know anyone as i work from my home and now god has truly blessed me with bringing rosy into my life yesterday as i know we will be friends for a long time . . . She is so knowledgable and talented and a true delight to be with. . . I had delicious tea, banana bread and good conversation and the bonus on top of all that? . . . I got all those scraps, huge basket and all . . . Ahhh, for the first time in a very long time, i was not at the airport when 'my ship came in' . . Lol . . . So i just wanted to say thank you to the quilting board, old and new, for bringing us together . . .
    god works in mysterous ways dontch think.may god bless you both

Bless you both; may you enjoy it everyday. True friendship does not come into your life everyday...so treasure everyday that you are blessed with it. After retiring here six years ago, I left good friends behind in our move, but God was good and sent me a very special friend (a married couple), so I enjoy traveling with her and they come to spent a night or two here and visit with us. I thank God every night for sending them into our lives. Unfortunately, they are not next door, but an hour and half away from us. So we treasure our times together.

Blog Entries
    How nice for you both, don't ya just love making new friends.
    Mary