Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Laser cut kits? >

Laser cut kits?

Laser cut kits?

Old 05-07-2014, 06:56 PM

Default Laser cut kits?

I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on laser cut quilt kits. Seems to be a real time-saver, especially applique projects. Anyone tried them? Are they worth the extra money? Have you had any complaints about them?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:34 PM

Check out Willow Bend Quilt site. Fantastic applique laser cuts. I have done the bear pattern for DGS and it was great. I wish they had the laser cuts then! Prices are reasonable for the product!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:03 AM
Power Poster

sometimes it is a real (sanity saver) to spend the $$ for pre-cut applique pieces- only an individual can determine if it's a good value for them- some people look at the extra cost & figure- I can just make those myself...other people look at the pattern & figure- I would never take all the time involved to make those all by hand- the price is worth it (to me) and of course it is a good way to get the exact fabrics instead of using (or having to buy) all the different ones needed. I've done a couple quilts from 'Laundry Basket quilts' and love the pre-cut shapes- they are expensive- but sometimes I just want (instant gratification)