Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Left Handed Scissors >

Left Handed Scissors

Left Handed Scissors

Old 12-29-2020, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by aashley333 View Post
Kai scissors are made in China.
That is incorrect. Kai scissors are made in Japan.
Attached Thumbnails kai.jpg  
Old 12-29-2020, 04:48 PM

Thank you for all your responses. They were all very helpful. I have used Fisker right handed scissors for many years and cutting heavy fabric or multiple layers hurts. Years ago I bought an inexpensive true left handed pair of scissors and really had trouble cutting and my cutting edge was always off. After reading all your responses, I went to Kai website and purchased an 8 1/2 inch pair of left handed scissors, that are not true left handed but instead are right handed scissors with the handles changed. The price was $22.88 with free shipping so I did not think that was bad. I can't wait to get them. I think they will be perfect for me. Thanks again.
Old 12-29-2020, 05:55 PM

I think you will be happy! I find their handles to be the most comfy. When you get them, come back and let us know what you think.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

There is furniture made for tall people. My husband is 6ft, not overly tall but enough to feel cramped sometimes. Our bed is longer, Chest of drawers (I can't see in his top chest drawer) recliner, his feet doesn't go over the foot rest, his vehicle is a truck so he doesn't have any leg room problem. Our house had tall ceilings and that makes a difference in how he feels and the one most great thing is a shower head that is taller then he is. LOL
Old 01-18-2021, 06:34 PM

My Kai scissors arrived. They are not true left handed scissors, but since I have used right handed scissors, I got the not true left handed scissors but have the handles reversed.
YIKES! These scissors are unbelievable. I put 4 layers of scraps together and they cut through them like I was cutting through nothing. I just moved my thumb and they cut with no pressure. I am an old gal and I have never had a pair of scissors in my hand like these. I am a little afraid of them because I know I have to be very careful because they are so sharp.
Thanks for all of your responses!!
Old 01-18-2021, 07:17 PM

Oh I'm so glad you like them!
Old 01-18-2021, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

I'm so happy for you too. They are my very favorites!
Old 01-24-2021, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jennifer23 View Post
I got myself these as a gift last spring:

https://kaiscissors.com/kai-5220l-8-...making-shears/

They are absolutely amazing - definitely worth the money to get high quality, true left-handed scissors. They cut like a hot knife through butter.

I also have a nice pair of true left-handed Henckels, but I've had them since 1987 so I don't know where you would find them nowadays.

FYI for right handed people: true left-handed scissors are mirror images of right handed. If you set a pair of right handed scissors open on the table in front of you, the top blade will cross from upper left to lower right. On left handed scissors, the top blade goes from upper right to lower left. This allows the blades to be naturally squeezed together When cutting, and also puts the outside blade on top of the material so it's easier to follow a marked line.
I bought those for my granddaughter, she loves them, said they are the first scissors she can really use.
Old 01-27-2021, 12:43 PM
mim

Default left handed web site

I bought my husband left handed corkscrew and can opener from a left handed web site -- can't remember the name