Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let UFO Friday begin...

Blog Entries
    I will be joining a little late. Came home from work and fell asleep. I will be choosing and cutting fabrics for the Dresden plate baby quilt. Have fun everyone. Lovely quilts and blocks I see so far! peace
    no act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

Another month done! I have 2 months blocks left to do. Then it's assembly time and add borders. Hopefully that will get done tomorrow. Then I can start a new project Sunday for VQD!

Thanks to all of you who quilted with me. It really helped keep me on track and I got much more done than I would have otherwise.

qbtexas, the pillow looks great!
    rufree4t, hope your machine is more cooperative
    qm, good luck with your top.
    Jeanine and quilt addict, sorry you weren't able to join us today.
    ube quilting, have fun making the dresdens. Would love to see how it turns out.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Heather

raggiemom,, love all your blocks and the colours. Only just found this thread and it is 10.40pm here. have had a busy day no time for quilting but have spent an hour or two organising my sewing room. Not quite finished will try tomorrow so I am set to go for VQD. See you there.

Blog Entries
    I dug one out today that's been sitting unfinished for quite a while. It's an on-point setting and I just need to finish a few setting triangles. Then I can assemble the rows and get it off to the LAQ.

Asheville, Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    Well, we had a good day. I am determined to sew all my swap blocks into lap robes or quilts, layer, quilt, bind and donate them by March 26th. And do my March block for swap. Today cut all the sashing and binding and joined two sets of blocks. For once, we are going to move fewer UFO projects and less fabric to North Carline than we moved down here.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.

raggiemom - your blocks and furbabies are beautiful!
    qbtexas - what a pretty stitched pillow!

I have pics of top #1 quilted before I lose the light... I'll update again later. I did a simple grid stitch with a pastel variegated Sulky thread, it's really pretty up close. I decided to back it with a big floral so I can flip it over and use it after Easter. These blocks were from a swap, some of the border fabrics are a bit brighter or darker than I would have chosen but it will be a cute scrappy topper (about 35" by 35")for a round table.

Well, it sounds like we've had a productive day. Glad you all were able to quilt with me
    Heather

Great job, everyone! I got a little more work done...made the quilt sandwich for a baby quilt for our guild...it was a 'challenge' from the guild to make a top to match some orphan backing fabric that didn't match any of the tops people were donating. I picked up the baseball/football/etc fabric...there was enough for the back and border, as you see in the photo. I pieced with some running and biking fabric, and some scraps I had from a different baby quilt. I did the top about a week ago, so for UFO day, I got the layers together, and it will be tied at our next guild meeting.
    Name:  babyquilt.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  1.30 MB

Thanks so much for the inspiration and incentive to get moving on some projects. I did also want to finish up the binding on a quilt, but that will be another day.
    Will we do this again?

Raggiemom...you got a lot done!
    Asimplelife....love the colors!

QbTexas - love your top! I have realized I need to make a bunch of boy quilts next go round as my current crop of UFO tops for Project Linus are mostly girly. Those are great fabrics.

One last pic - quilting the stars on my charm wall hanging. 2 done with 7 to go, it's time to call it quits until daylight tomorrow AM. Thanks for a fun UFO Day everyone!
    Last edited by asimplelife; 03-15-2013 at 06:30 PM.

All are looking so nice! Good jobs! I'm still haven't completed mine but hope this post stays open and by next week pictures of all we were able to finish or just so close to being done! I going to work on mine some more tomorrow...

I am so loving what everyone is working on!

Thanks to your prompting, I finished sandwiching a lap quilt that had been sitting on my son's bedroom floor all week. I will post a pic later...
    People who start projects and never finish them are cooler
    than people who never start projects at all.

http://quiltingquick.weebly.com/blog.html

Well, I have the quilt top assembled and just need to add 2 1/2 borders. I'll do that Monday morning and it will finally be done! So now I can work on something new tomorrow for VQD and not feel guilty...
    Heather

I'm working on a log cabin quilt for my grandson. Collected the fabric for 3 years, finally got it pieced and now working on the quilting. Had to put it on hold for two weeks so my machine could get serviced and updated. Now I'm on a roll again.

I am a very new quilter and don't know anything about this spray basteing you are talking about. Care to share some info?

Melissa

I have a stack of UFOs that I am working on. I try to do the next step on each according to the color of thread needed. They include a raggy quilt, 10 wallets, 4 expandable tote bags, polarfleece socks, etc., etc.
    Bebe McGee

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
    Hope you can join me for UFO Friday today. If you have a UFO hanging around that you would like to finish, today is the day! Please feel free to post comments/pictures of what you're working on today. Let's encourage each other to finish some of these UFOs. And if by some chance, you don't have any UFOs, join us anyway. Everyone is welcome.
    With my schedule like it is, I can only do a little bit every day. I must do something each day or I would never get finished. Right now I am doing about a block a day for my grandson's quilt. I have had some trouble with putting the 16 patches with the whirli-thingamagigs.

These blocks are not sewn together yet, just laid out to test the design. Maybe I will have a quilt top by Christmas???
    GramMER to eighteen, plus two great-granddaughters and four adopted greats soon we hope!

Power Poster
    For me it's UFO Sun., and I'm working on my black/white family reunion quilt so I can get it finished then ship it to my niece for her to quilt on her long-arm. I'm glad she suggested it as I just found out I have a torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder, so I will be limited on what I can do for a bit. She and her husband both quilt, so I can't wait to see how she finishes up the quilt.

missed UFO Friday for a Joyce Meyers conference. Love her dearly but could have done better doing UFO and watching her on TV. :-)

Just found this thread. I've enjoyed virtual quilt day. Fridays would be better for me. Are you planning to do this again? If so, when? Thank you

I worked on a bath mat today; attempted to embroider a lab dog and SIL last name on the back (towel). Color of towel is chocolate brown and wanted the dog embroidery to resemble his chocolate lab, but didn't work out so good. I figure the towel and embroidery will be the bottom side anyway so what the heck. I monogrammed a bath towel to go with it. Hopefully will get the binding on it tomorrow and then will photo and share.

I finished my UFO!!!!! I'm so excited, can't you tell? I wouldn't have finished the top without the Board's support though so thank you.

I would be happy to host another UFO Friday in April, I have a few applique projects that definitely qualify as UFO! I'll let you know the date.

Heather

Heather I love it!!! I'm still working on mine and it should be done by the end of the week, I'll post a picture when it's done. Thank you for holding this and I want to join you again in April!!!

Heather, I totally love your quilt, it is so fresh looking. Did you have a pattern to work with?

Cannyquilter, yes, the quilt is Michael Miller's Clubhouse BOM Bon Ammies.
    Heather

Heather!! So pretty!!! Not at all what I imagined when I asked if it was a baby quilt last week. Congratulations!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast