Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Let's Play A Little Game Of "Can You Spot The Defect"? >

Let's Play A Little Game Of "Can You Spot The Defect"?

Let's Play A Little Game Of "Can You Spot The Defect"?

Old 06-29-2011, 02:07 PM

It is a gift, right? Don't say a word about what you think is a defect . The recipient will never notice and will love the quilt.

If it is for YOU and it will drive you crazy, then fix it.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Leave it. It really is hard to notice and I can sympathise but is will beloved either way and I like the responses that say the monkeys are facing up towards the receiver. My 10 year old boy made a quit once with me and when we quilted it we noticed one block up the wrong way. It was of zebras and was a close together print so wasn't too noticeable and we just decided the zebras wanted to be seen the right way up. He is now 15 and still loves that quilt and what he did.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:59 PM

it looks great to me! no one will notice
Old 06-29-2011, 03:17 PM

Don't worry about it!!! It's not a problem. If anyone should say anything, just say" Oh! That strip. they were just monkeying around!"
Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Thanks everyone! I was ready to start ripping tonight but you've all changed things in my mind. There were two of these quilts. The first went to my nephew and this was just a spare quilt. I didn't have a purpose in mind for it. I might just lay it up and keep it as a reminder for years down the road, to remind me of how far I've come. My first two quilted projects, and both with flaws, and I keep them hung up to remind me. ButI think I was more frustrated that this was just a foolish oversight.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:53 PM

I'm a perfectionist too but this doesn't bother me.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:58 PM

The baby will love it!! Isn't that who is receiving this beautiful quilt??
Old 06-29-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ps 150
I..am...a...perfectionist. With that being said, I'm going nuts! A few weeks back I made two baby quilts in two weeks for my two nephews. One was a Funky Monkey 3D Pinwheel but I miscounted and ended up with enough blocks to make two baby quilts. So, when I finished the quilt top for my nephew just before dinner one night, I thought it would be perfect to finish the other top up that night before I had to quilt my nephew's quilt the next morning. I have learned my lesson on doing late night piecing.

The worst part?? First, I've been under the weather this week, so I should've known better than to quilt while I wasn't on top of my game. If I had waited until next week, I probably would've noticed the mistake at some point, in one of the stages that leads to the finished project. I finished that quilt top late at night, folded it up and set it aside. Then, today, I pressed it, pinned it and quilted it. Then, I bound it. And, as I was spraying water on my water-soluable pen markings, I realized my mistake!! Grrrr! This is killing my perfectionist side. How did I miss this??
Repeat after me "Done is better than perfect" Say it 3 times every time you look at it. Beautiful quilt anyway. :thumbup:
Old 06-29-2011, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by madamekelly
Originally Posted by Ps 150
I..am...a...perfectionist. With that being said, I'm going nuts! A few weeks back I made two baby quilts in two weeks for my two nephews. One was a Funky Monkey 3D Pinwheel but I miscounted and ended up with enough blocks to make two baby quilts. So, when I finished the quilt top for my nephew just before dinner one night, I thought it would be perfect to finish the other top up that night before I had to quilt my nephew's quilt the next morning. I have learned my lesson on doing late night piecing.

The worst part?? First, I've been under the weather this week, so I should've known better than to quilt while I wasn't on top of my game. If I had waited until next week, I probably would've noticed the mistake at some point, in one of the stages that leads to the finished project. I finished that quilt top late at night, folded it up and set it aside. Then, today, I pressed it, pinned it and quilted it. Then, I bound it. And, as I was spraying water on my water-soluable pen markings, I realized my mistake!! Grrrr! This is killing my perfectionist side. How did I miss this??
Repeat after me "Done is better than perfect" Say it 3 times every time you look at it. Beautiful quilt anyway. :thumbup:
OH! I needed that! Thanks! :D
Old 06-29-2011, 05:14 PM

don't worry about it the little boy is going to love & besides it is funky monkies after all let them be funky. Cathy A tumrub