Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Let's Talk About Binding

Your snow man quilt is so adorable. I love snowmen, they mak me smile even on bad days.

Have you ever heard of using the "Quick Easy Mitered-Binding Tool"? I tried it twice and it works quite well. It's made by Sew Biz, www.sewbizmarion.com. The back of your quilt has to extend two times the desired finished width of your binding. Anyway, it's a different way of doing binding.

I finished the binding after 1 1/2 days or so. Hindsight being what it is, I could have used all the colors from the top except the green and it would have come out prettier, but I'll remember that for the next F******* quilt.

It's posted on the thread that goes with that particular quilt. The pic complete with binding is on page 7.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/14807.page

I use 2 1 /2 inch binding then 1/4 inch seam. I like to put my strips together on the diagnol, it makes the seam them almost disappear!!

I love multicolored binding also.

Have fun,
    simple quilter

Quote Originally Posted by BlueChicken
    I love using multi coloured scraps from the quilt too, it's a great effect, especially if there are a lot of colours involved.

I use 2 1/2 inch strips, when you join pieces make sure they're joine on a 45 degree angle (so put the ends at right angles instead of together and sew a 45 degree line).

And for attaching it to the quilt, I machine the front, and hand stitch the back. Once you get going on the hand stitching it doesn't take too long.

:-)
    This is what I have done mostly, also. I like the folded binding method because it adds strength and one edge is finished, so hand stitching is a cinch. If I want a wider binding, I cut the strip wider and make the seam wider also.

Thank you for this web site!! It really helped me.

Patty Allayne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2