Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Light fix. >

Light fix.

Light fix.

Old 08-11-2016, 06:24 AM

Did you consider a strip of white fabric with some velcro on the ends. No fear of snapping then. Maniac Quilter is right - eventually they will snap and fly (if only from old age) and fly off where ever. Hopefully not toward your eyes but when sitting at the sewing machine they are pretty close to where the action will be. Unbelieveably, in my lifetime, I've been hit in the eye with an air born pencil (glasses were in my hand being cleaned) and a closing car door which knocked my glasses off and the corner of the door top hit my eye. No permenant damage done either time - doctors both said I was really, really lucky.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:21 AM

What a clever idea! When I first saw your picture I thought you had used the plastic cable ties:

https://www.cabletiesplus.com/Depart...t=Cable%20Ties

We use those & electrical tape & duct tape for everything around my house.
Old 08-11-2016, 08:43 AM
Power Poster

I found a place online to have custom bungee cords made. I have two coming that will be thin and white with small white connectors. Duct tape and bungee cords will fix about anything!
Old 08-12-2016, 04:38 AM

Good idea. I glued mine to a Popsicle stick and then reattached it with strong carpet tape. It lasted about a year. I recently broke the Popsicle stick while quilting a large quilt. I am looking for alternative lighting.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
The thread should be behind the bar going into the tension. Correct way is three times behind the bar. Don't think that is the way it should be threaded. LOL
What bar do you mean and how do you "wind" it three times behind the bar? Brain is over-heated this morning I guess. We are not used to this much heat and humidity here in Maine :-(
Old 08-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Roberta View Post
What bar do you mean and how do you "wind" it three times behind the bar? Brain is over-heated this morning I guess. We are not used to this much heat and humidity here in Maine :-(
I didn't say it should be wound behind the bar, I said go behind the horizontal bar, as in going up and down. This is how I thread this machine:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555842[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photo-5-.jpg  
Old 08-12-2016, 07:50 AM
Power Poster

The new slimline led lamps are great but my sewing tables have no edges to clip it to. Floor lamps get in my way and are a bother. My machine sits under a window which gets natural light all day but I still need light under the needle. Lighting has always been my frustration when sewing.
Old 08-12-2016, 09:12 AM
mac

They do have those tiny lights that you can attach to your machine. An expensive one is $50, but I've seen them much cheaper at around $10, by Dritz, I think. I believe the use an LED light in them.

My mother always said, "necessity is the mother of invention". She was always good at figuring out to make something work better or how to fix it in an 'out of the box' way.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:08 PM
Power Poster

Necessity really is the mother of invention. Great solution.