Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lighting in my sewing room >

Lighting in my sewing room

Lighting in my sewing room

Old 12-25-2016, 02:44 AM

I have 3 of the small goose neck LED clamp on lights that Lowes sells for $19.99. They are small and therefore fit next to my sewing machines without getting in the way when I'm sewing. They put out a huge Amount of light.

Rob
Old 12-26-2016, 05:32 AM

I love the lights at Daylight company. They are great, even have one that fits onto the side of your machine.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:22 PM

OK, I'm definitely going to make a trip to Sam's Club and see what's there (don't have a Costco membership, nor a store near enough to warrant one).

The lights in my sewing room are all the CFL (aka "twirly") lights. Our local power company was GIVING them (the CFLs) away to all their customers, so I got a box (of about 36 bulbs), and my dad got a box. Then when he passed away, I got all the ones he didn't use. THEN when we moved, the power company sent us some MORE, so I'll be using those elsewhere in the house until we run out.

But, just like everyone else here, I desperately need decent lighting in my sewing room. My daylight sewing is terrific, but once it's night.... eh, not so much. Hubby said he didn't feel like he had given me enough for Christmas, so perhaps the LED's would make him feel better... and me too, right?
Old 12-26-2016, 11:50 PM

I love my led lights in my sewing room! Hubby installed them in October when ballasts went out of my fluorescent ones. Love that I can see to sew at night now
Old 12-27-2016, 05:42 AM

I got LEDs installed in my sewing room a while back & it's like being on the surface of the sun!!! Lol plus they are supposed to last practically forever!! Never regretted having plenty of light!
Old 12-28-2016, 01:57 AM

Hello All! this thread made me register for this forum. Have been a lurker for a month or so. Anyway, THANKS to all of you for sharing your experiences with lighting your sewing room. As I am getting older, my sewing room seemed darker and darker. I had forgotten all about LED lights till this thread. I went to Lowes and bought 4 Sylvania 60wt equivalent LED daylight bulbs. Installed 3 of them in the ceiling fan in my sewing room....holy cow! The difference is amazing. Took the 3rd one and put it in the ceiling fixture in my stash closet. The four bulbs only cost 18.00. Best use of that Christmas money ever.
Had I not read this thread, I may never have thought of checking out or using LED bulbs! Still be lurking around in the dark. hahaha
Thanks so much to all of you who shared. I am now busy planning where the rest of the Christmas money will go.....bedrooms, bath, closets. I am gonna light up my house till it is like "I'm unwound" says: "its like being on the surface of the sun!!!"