Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
On-line listing by States of WalMarts that still have fabric? >

On-line listing by States of WalMarts that still have fabric?

On-line listing by States of WalMarts that still have fabric?

Old 06-30-2010, 01:47 PM

The Walmart in Cairo, GA still has fabric. So does the Walmart in Crawfordville, FL. None in Thomasville, GA.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:53 PM

Both Walmart and Super Walmart in Longmont,Colorado have Fabric until at least Feb. of 2011 (remodel of Super Walmart)
Old 06-30-2010, 02:00 PM

Wal Mart in Myrtle Beach SC has fabric.
Waynesville, NC does not
Franklin, NC does not
Sylva, NC does not
Old 06-30-2010, 02:17 PM

Please don't start a list here on this thread people!!! This is not what this thread is about or why I started it. There are plenty of threads already with this store...not this store...

This topic is only to find out if a list exists. Or the ability to google such a list. No, I don't want to start one because I'm not a Walmart shopper, nor a fan. I simply think it's time someone compiles a listing because obviously there are people out there who care and want to discuss it at length.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM

I contacted Walmart's corporate offices and was told that there is no official list because as some stores are being remodeled the fabric departments are being replaced with larger party supply departments. It is a decision that is being made on a store by store level because there is a "declining interest in purchasing fabric" in some markets. They say that some stores will keep their fabric departments but would not tell me which ones. I don't think any list we put together would stay current for very long because as many of us have experienced you can go to a Walmart location one day and buy fabric and go back two weeks later and it's gone.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by JoAnnGC
I contacted Walmart's corporate offices and was told that there is no official list because as some stores are being remodeled the fabric departments are being replaced with larger party supply departments. It is a decision that is being made on a store by store level because there is a "declining interest in purchasing fabric" in some markets. They say that some stores will keep their fabric departments but would not tell me which ones. I don't think any list we put together would stay current for very long because as many of us have experienced you can go to a Walmart location one day and buy fabric and go back two weeks later and it's gone.
True, but any list could be updated. It would be nice of Walmart to keep a listing on their site. But, I don't think that's going to happen.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:39 PM
Power Poster

Some Walmarts sell fabric in AR. but not all. There are many Walmarts in Little Rock but only one sells fabric.