Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Linen table clothes as quilt material >

Linen table clothes as quilt material

Linen table clothes as quilt material

Old 06-19-2011, 02:36 AM
Power Poster

linen is great to work with and is very strong- making a quilt with linen fabrics will be a quilt to last generations.

i made a quilt a few years ago that was about 1/2 & 1/2 silks and linens- when a friend brought me a special gift of an assortment of irish linen samples-from ireland---oh my goodness-what a wonderful textile!
i used some for a couple special cross-stitch projects- then made the quilt- it is a crazy quilt with alot of decorative stitching/quilting on it- i've had no problems with wrinkles in the final quilt after washing-
i love mixing textiles in my projects- as long as everything can be cared for together- i put it together.
Old 06-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Power Poster

I don't know why not.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:56 AM

All of your suggestions have helped me a lot. I am new to quilting and I am learning something new everyday. I see these table clothes and some of them have some wonderful needlework on them. It just seems a waste to have them sitting there getting dusty. Nobody uses table clothes anymore, heck, families don't even sit down at the table together anymore...so sad. Anyway, thanks everyone, I think I will be buying some table clothes. :-)