Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Link pattern for quilt blocks with diagonal cut? >

Link pattern for quilt blocks with diagonal cut?

Link pattern for quilt blocks with diagonal cut?

Old 01-11-2014, 08:58 AM

Default Link pattern for quilt blocks with diagonal cut?

A few years back when I first got interested in quilting, I saw a lot of posts on blogs about quilt blocks that were created using 2 fabrics and a diagonal cut. You cut a bunch of squares, then cut those on the diagonal, mixed them up and put them back together to make blocks. Can't seem to find any of those tutorials on blogs and I've done several searches. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have some links to tutorials? I think I can figure out on my own, but would love to read through some tutorials first to refresh my memory/avoid any dumb mistakes.

Thank you!

Rachel
Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 AM

Sounds as if you're talking about HSTs or Half Square Triangles. They are used VERY often in quilt patterns. Here is a search page:
https://www.google.com/search?q=HST+...l=np&source=hp
Hope this helps.
Old 01-11-2014, 02:50 PM

Default Is This it.

http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/mag...e-cut-fabrics/ Sounds like Magic Squares. Hope link works.

QUOTE=mamaborne;6506632]A few years back when I first got interested in quilting, I saw a lot of posts on blogs about quilt blocks that were created using 2 fabrics and a diagonal cut. You cut a bunch of squares, then cut those on the diagonal, mixed them up and put them back together to make blocks. Can't seem to find any of those tutorials on blogs and I've done several searches. Anyone know what I'm talking about and have some links to tutorials? I think I can figure out on my own, but would love to read through some tutorials first to refresh my memory/avoid any dumb mistakes.

Thank you!

Rachel[/QUOTE]
Old 01-11-2014, 07:39 PM

Thanks, ladies... not what I'm searching for. I will make a diagram tomorrow and upload here so people can see what I'm talking about.

Rachel