Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Little Brown Bird Anyone?? >

Little Brown Bird Anyone??

Little Brown Bird Anyone??

Old 11-17-2011, 07:31 AM

I have the cd and you can make the designs any size you want. Just follow the instructions on the sheet of paper that comes with it. If you just print the designs without alterations they are way too small.
Old 11-18-2011, 06:38 PM

I asked permission to start a group and unfortunately, we must start a...not sure??? This is the reply I received..

Groups are not a viable option. I can create them but cannot designate anybody else to lead them.

If you are talking about a quilt-along activity, take a look at the Farmer's Wife QAL to see how one of those works. Send me the proposed procedures for approval BEFORE you announce anything

With all the trouble I am having even accessing the board, I am not going to expend the energy to try and FIND out the rules/regulations and the darned group we should model. That being said, Little Brown Bird is underway.
Old 11-18-2011, 07:12 PM

Oh my gosh that one is beautiful! I am working on an applique and enjoying it but that one would take me years and years, Gorgeous quilt however. Be sure to post pics of progress.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:53 PM

I'll be starting this lovely quilt as soon as my AOTH quilt is completed. Well.........I might not have the patience to wait so I may be getting started on it asap! I should be getting my book no later than Monday. I can't believe the amazing price I paid for it!!!!! Thank you generous quilter friend!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2012, 08:22 PM

On Jan. 1, I completed Block 30 of LBB. It looked to me to be the most difficult (other than the reverse applique) so I figured that would be my test block to see if I have what it takes to make the quilt. I won't do any more before spring time at least as I have other commitments. I am going to try to attach a[ATTACH=CONFIG]300233[/ATTACH] picture; hope you enjoy it.
Attached Thumbnails block30.jpg  
Old 01-04-2012, 05:36 AM

Weezie,
That is STUNNING! Amazing work. Just a suggestion, though. Make your background blocks slightly bigger than recommended so you can trim them down with straight edges. Applique always distorts the block a little, no matter how careful you are.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by weezie View Post
On Jan. 1, I completed Block 30 of LBB...
That's a gorgeous block! I love your fabric choices; how did you do the shading on the fruit?
Old 01-04-2012, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by faykilgore View Post
Weezie,
That is STUNNING! Amazing work. Just a suggestion, though. Make your background blocks slightly bigger than recommended so you can trim them down with straight edges. Applique always distorts the block a little, no matter how careful you are.
Thanks, Fay, both for the compliment and the suggestion. My blocks start out as 10" squares, so I have a little leeway. I enjoyed most of the work, but a couple of things not so much. I think I've got one of those issues worked out, but am still unhappy with making the little firmly stuffed berries. I have a bad forefinger on my left hand; it is both painful and not totally functional, since I had knuckle surgery a few years ago. The little berries, in particular, need all my fingers to be functional, so they're a bit of a hassle for me.
Old 01-04-2012, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by catlinye_maker View Post
That's a gorgeous block! I love your fabric choices; how did you do the shading on the fruit?
Thank you! I used Inktense pencils. The Inktense work becomes permanent when it is made wet and left to dry. I'm not very good at it yet, but I used to draw (pencil & charcoal) many years ago, so I'm not uncomfortable with it. My eldest DD gave me a lot of watercolor pencils, which are not permanent, but they will be perfect for me to practice my skills.
Old 01-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

I have the book but haven't thought about making the quilt yet.