Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Liz Porter >

Liz Porter

Liz Porter

Old 11-11-2011, 08:26 AM

Oh No! I so enjoyed Liz as well. Her and Marianne worked so well together. Hopefully, she will be able to enjoy life with her family and enjoy travelling. Thanx for letting everyone know. I was wondering where she was - thought maybe she was sick. All I see is Marianne and her daughter on the show.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:29 AM

Thanks for the info. Not sure about Mary. She seems kinda goofy. Maybe it will get better. Liz and MaryAnn really are 2 peas in a pod.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:35 AM

I understand Liz is still 'creating' quilt patterns that are published in their magazine, but is no longer doing the PBS series. Mary Fons has been on the show now for well over a year. Miss the expierence knowledge of Liz...
Old 11-11-2011, 08:43 AM

Mary has been on the show for a while. I think it's nice that she is not as skilled as her mother. This should really show younger, new quilters that with time and practice, they too, can learn and enjoy quilting. I think that will be a great help. There has to be a kniche for new quilters and young learners. I'm sure it has been difficult for Liz & Mary Ann too. We had a quilt shop in my home town and one of the two shopowners retired. It was a bittersweet time and it was something all of the customers had a difficult time with Carol no longer there. But over time it got easier. Let's all give Mary a chance. And I second that on Pokey Bolton.
Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 AM

I've been watching Maryann and Mary for some time now on the "Create Channel". They make a good team. It is so nice to see two generations enjoying the same activity. Mary has really learned a lot and is making some more advanced quilts. It is a great combo for new quilters especially.