Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Local Shop Hop >

Local Shop Hop

Local Shop Hop

Old 09-30-2011, 03:29 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sunnie
Thanks for some great ideas. I think I will adopt your mission.
The most important part is to have FUN!!!!!!

I have a mini-Shop Hop coming the end of October, which is my two LQS all by themselves. My mission will be the solids for a fun Mountie wall/door hanging to be prepared for Canada Day next year. In the summer shop hop I found a pattern for him, and at another store found the border fun fabric. Now just need the solids to go with it.

Let us know how you make out!!
Old 09-30-2011, 03:56 PM

go with a friend. Take a day off. Try to go to as many as possible in one day. Start early and go to the farthest one first so you can be there when they open. Map out your route so you can travel the most efficient time and milage. If you can not go to all stores in 1 day then still go to the farthest ones first and then go to the closer ones when you have time. Good Luck and HAVE FUN!!!!!!!
Old 10-01-2011, 02:03 PM

Update - Today I visited 5 of the 6 shops. Other than the blocks and seeing each shop's completed quilt it was business as usual. No "fun", games, special shop hop deals or snacks of any kind. I enjoyed myself anyway as I got to run away from home for the day and I visited 3 shops that I had never been to before.

Maybe because this is a highly competitive area (lots of LQSs) I found that prices were very favorable with most fabrics (very good quality/brand name) below $8.00 per yard. I came home with 6 yards of fabric, 4 fat quarters, a cone of variegated thread (for the hop's quilt) and another thread. I call that a pretty good day.

In November there is another Shop Hop in the opposite directions...will definitely put that one on my calendar.
Old 10-01-2011, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Sunnie
Update - Today I visited 5 of the 6 shops. Other than the blocks and seeing each shop's completed quilt it was business as usual. No "fun", games, special shop hop deals or snacks of any kind. I enjoyed myself anyway as I got to run away from home for the day and I visited 3 shops that I had never been to before.

Maybe because this is a highly competitive area (lots of LQSs) I found that prices were very favorable with most fabrics (very good quality/brand name) below $8.00 per yard. I came home with 6 yards of fabric, 4 fat quarters, a cone of variegated thread (for the hop's quilt) and another thread. I call that a pretty good day.

In November there is another Shop Hop in the opposite directions...will definitely put that one on my calendar.
Glad you had fun I know I enjoy them and usually learn something even if it is not something I was planning on!