Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Location of quilters

Sorry to hear about the heavy rains youir area has been having Betty Ruth. It can be so frustrating but when something like this happens to me I find stuff I forgot I had. (Im in Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Ruth
    Guess I'm not very interesting. I not only live in the continental US, but in south central TEXAS.

Have any of you been watching the news that showed the results of the torrential rains we had yesterday? Most people report that they are just going to dry out, clean up, and move back in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Betty Ruth
    Guess I'm not very interesting. I not only live in the continental US, but in south central TEXAS.

Have any of you been watching the news that showed the results of the torrential rains we had yesterday? Most people report that they are just going to dry out, clean up, and move back in.
    what? not calling FEMA?

Blog Entries
    Seriously, We were watching that storm. Wish some of that had come up here. These storms are quirky. It's either feast or famin. Hope you weren't affected.

No, we were not flooded. The heaviest rains were to the east of us. They got 11 inches of rain in a very short time. We received either 2 or 2 1/2 inches of rain. It was the right amount at the right time for us, but there was flooding to the south, east and north of us. From here, that storm traveled north east, flooding Texarkana, TX and leaving a swath of devastation across Arkansas. In Arkansas, another campground with both trailers and cabins was swept away. Thirty people known dead. Since they have no way of knowing how many people were staying there, they are still searching for both survivors and bodies.

Pollyv9...i've been looking, hoping someone wd do a sunbonnet sue, looking different directions, doing different things. Your avatar comes close, from what I can see. Thanks, it's great :thumbup:

eightylady,
    Deb Watkins is presently hosting a Sunbonnet Sue exchange. I am not sure were in the exchange they are but you might contact her and see if she is planning to do another one soon.
    I was going to join this last one but had to many irons going already.
    You can either find info on the board under exchanges or go to the user list (look in the small print at the top of this page) and p.m. Deb Watkins. She is a great lady and very helpful.
    Muriel

When I joined I put where i lived, but it shows up as in hiding.Ilive in shelbyville, ky. about 20 miles from louisville, HOME OF THE KENTUCKY DERBY.

Quote Originally Posted by JACRN
    When I joined I put where i lived, but it shows up as in hiding.Ilive in shelbyville, ky. about 20 miles from louisville, HOME OF THE KENTUCKY DERBY.
    My husband is from Augusta, KY. This is a small town right on the Ohio River between Cincinnati, Ohio and Maysville, KY. Much of the waterfront property has been bought up by well-to-do people from Cincinnati for summer homes.

I have heard of AUGUSTA don't think Ihave been there.

I noticed that Mamawcj and you are in SE Okla, I live 10 miles North of Boswell or 10 miles South of Hwy 3 on 109A, they just built us a new Community Center it is called Boehler, Crystal, Sunkist CC. I live on Boehler Rd. Looking for people to start a quilting group with or attend a quilting group. Dee & I own Country Crafts in Durant, OK, we do quilting, sewing, custom orders and we are hosting a CRAFT SALE in Durant, OK on Oct 15-16 at CC on S. 9th, come and join us for a great time, also if interested we have some vendor space still available, just send me a PM.

Cari

Hi sewgull - where in South Carolina are you? I live in Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by sewgull
    I am amazed where everyone if located. Not only do I have my local friends, but world wide friends. Thanks to the part you play in my daily life. A great group on the board.

Mountain-Moma - where in WV are you?

Quote Originally Posted by mountain-moma
    Waving at you from West Virginia and i do love this forum(:)

Is the "red dot" still viewable? I would love to see :)
    Kris

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Admin did a red dot on this awhile ago. It showed where everyone was from. Pretty cool what he can do.....

Hello from the Turtle Mountains of North Dakota..........We presently live on my DH family farm, 16 miles north of Dunseith, ND., about 4 miles as the crow flies south west of the International Peace Gardens (We can see the Peace Towers from our diningroom windows - what a view). 25 miles north east of Bottineau, ND and 110 miles north east of Minot, North Dakota. When you look at a ND map, go to the center at the Canadian border then go a tad to the right to where to meet the IPG location. That's us. Also if you look at a "Verizon Cell Map", we are the little white dot in ND, that has NO CELL SERVICE. Which can be a pain in our pouty.

I too think it is very interesting to see where in the world other quilters live. It would be so much fun to gather everyone together for one big quilt party. I hope at some time I will be able to have some pen pals from other countries. Anyone interested?

Not too many live in my neck of the woods that I know of. I am in Eastern AZ 13 miles from the NM border in a small town called Eagar.
    I love to read posts and see photo's of various countries and cities

yup, even from a small town

Waving hello to everyone from Monroe NH, right on the Connecticut River. Our town is the on the edge of the bump at top of NH map just before NH gets narrow. Gotta drive at least an hour to visit any quilt shops. Favorite ones I visit regularly are Stitch at the Old Mill in Whitefield, NH, and of course Keepsake in Center Harbor. Sometimes I head south and stop and visit Country Heart Quilters in Plymouth NH, or if I'm really lucky I get to go further and visit Quilted Threads in Henniker.

One of the things that drew me to this board was the wide circle of "friends" available from all over the world.

I'm with you, Jackie R. Why put "in hiding"? I don't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by EagarBeez
    Not too many live in my neck of the woods that I know of. I am in Eastern AZ 13 miles from the NM border in a small town called Eagar.
    hello neighbor. Am in Safford and thats close to you

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JACRN
    when you put where you live onto your Profile page make sure to scroll down and click update or it doesn't go through/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinlee
    Hello from the Turtle Mountains of North Dakota..........We presently live on my DH family farm, 16 miles north of Dunseith, ND., about 4 miles as the crow flies south west of the International Peace Gardens (We can see the Peace Towers from our diningroom windows - what a view). 25 miles north east of Bottineau, ND and 110 miles north east of Minot, North Dakota. When you look at a ND map, go to the center at the Canadian border then go a tad to the right to where to meet the IPG location. That's us. Also if you look at a "Verizon Cell Map", we are the little white dot in ND, that has NO CELL SERVICE. Which can be a pain in our pouty.
    I've always been interested in North Dakota history. My maternal grandmother's family farmed near Bottineau in the late 1800's. My grandmother graduated from Bottineau high school in 1918 - the family moved to Minneapolis MN soon after due to poor crops, grasshoppers, if I remember right. I've always wanted to visit your beautiful state :)

:) :) :) :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Caroltee
    Quote Originally Posted by EagarBeez
    hello neighbor. Am in Safford and thats close to you
    waving to Caroltee in Safford

Quote Originally Posted by ligia
    where are the foreigners ?
    :-D
    too busy reading this theme and enjoying it

Hi to everyone from the UK! Don.t know where all the other Brits are hiding!! I find this board fascinating! It amazes me to think there are so many people all over the world with this fabric addiction!! Do you think it is something in our food that causes it?????

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 LastLast