Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Location of quilters

I love knowing where everyone is from. I would love to see if we could get together a quilt group if I could find people in my area.

Nettie

Blog Entries
    I love knowing where everyone is from. You should have seen the looks on my students faces when I told them where people were from who had been admiring their quilt picture I had posted. They were so surprised and proud that people thousands of miles away had seen what they had accomplished! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I have found 2 board members that are within 2 hours of me and I think there is one more also but I haven't written to her yet. What a fun place and I thank my dear Nebraska friend for telling me about getting on to this board!

Blog Entries
    Same here I like to know. we even might meet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettie
    I love knowing where everyone is from. I would love to see if we could get together a quilt group if I could find people in my area.

Nettie
    Hi. I live in Indiana, PA about 50 miles northeast of Pittsburgh. What part of PA do you call home?

We try to get together in the Willamette Valley area and it has been great fun. We can get together at quilt shows too. So don't just put what state you live in, but city also!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Holice is in Sturbridge, Massachusetts

i need to look at the profile again.
    You must go to Charlton Sewing Center, it's just down the road from you. It's a very nice store, and if the owner (Cathy) is there, she will play the organ for you. The store is in an old church.

Jackie R,
    I live in Wisconsin now, but I grew up in University City. Are you originally from Brentwood?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Holice is in Sturbridge, Massachusetts

i need to look at the profile again.
    You must go to Charlton Sewing Center, it's just down the road from you. It's a very nice store, and if the owner (Cathy) is there, she will play the organ for you. The store is in an old church.
    I've been there On a day trip. Very nice. About an hour from Boston.

Blog Entries
    I , too love knowing where everyone is from... in hopes of finding some near me as well. I am new and would love to meet anyone close to me that can share chats and a helping hand. :) I have come in contact with Bernie here online and hope to be able to meet up someday soon. Another is from Maryland I found as well. Many here are wonderful and helpful and I just love reading and seeing things they have posted.

Waving from near Annapolis, Maryland :) ~~~~~~~~

Blog Entries
    Waving from Indiana, USA (age 53, married and I have met some members on this board in person, chatted with some by phone and everyone is so nice

Blog Entries
    I agree. So fun to find that a quilter lives just around the corner or just around the world!

Blog Entries
    have2quilt,

Moved to Brentwood after I married many many years ago. It's a nice central location in St. Louis County. I am familiar with U City.

How do you like Wisconsin? We used to visit our grandparents there when I was a kid. They lived in Oskosh but not now. I loved it up there.

Jackie

I would also like to meet quilters who live close by. I am not far from you. If interested in meeting, please PM.

Blog Entries
    I am living in Whitby, Ontario. I am an expat from London, UK

I always check out the locations of the quilters. Have sent pm notes to some who are located near where I have lived in the past. You just never know!

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    I , too love knowing where everyone is from... in hopes of finding some near me as well. I am new and would love to meet anyone close to me that can share chats and a helping hand. :) I have come in contact with Bernie here online and hope to be able to meet up someday soon. Another is from Maryland I found as well. Many here are wonderful and helpful and I just love reading and seeing things they have posted.

Waving from near Annapolis, Maryland :) ~~~~~~~~
    Waving at you from Parkville MD, have had PMs from another MD board member in Westminster in think- we should try a get together sometime too!

Any one out there from just south of the airport in GA? I have a hard time finding people who live close to me. I absolutely loved meeting the member who bought my treadle machine.

Blog Entries
    Hi from Oklahoma City, OK. I think it is very interesting to see where everyone is from. I already have e-mails from all over everywhere. I find it quite exciting.

Also I got an e-mail from someone named Okie who also lives in SE Oklahoma City, but I can't find any posts anywhere. If you read this e-mail me again.

Blog Entries
    TAke tours to Door County almost annually, plus the fact that my son lives in Pleasant Prairie. Love it!

Hey Jackie R,
    We moved to WI in 1981, for a job change. Compared to STL we LOVE the summers. STL had such horrible heat and humidity, here it is beautiful. The winters aren't that bad, very pretty, guess we got used to the shoveling (with the help of 2 snow blowers). I enjoy watching from inside and when things are cancelled I get to use it as an excuse to quilt more!
    We will be in STL in September for my nephew's wedding. Don't know how much extra time we will have. If we have any, you can let me know where the quilt shops are now. Maybe we could meet and shop! Grace

I love talking to people from all over. My hubby has a hunting forum and sometimes we compare the locations of all our friends. I like knowing there is always someone (out there) who is just a click away for advise, ideas, encouragement, etc.

I was born in Northern N.J., moved around a few places. My hubby and I are now in Eagar, Arizona, which is the base of the white mountains. I am 13 miles from N.M. I don't see too many Arizonian's here so far.

Today and until this Thursday we are parked near the Sacramento River in Nicolaus. Our son built a space for us with full hookups when he built his house nine years ago. We usually do not stay put this long in one place. My husband marshalls for golf tournaments and we will be going to Pebble Beach this Thursday.

I, like you find it interesting where quilters live.

Blog Entries
    Hi Holice
    I figured that was you. So many are connected with the museum and Images.
    Debbie

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast