Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Location of quilters

Waving to you from Springfield, S. C.

Banned
    thats the first place i look when a newbie joins us.... but what i don't get is soooooooo many are from washington, yet i'm the ONLY quilter in Port Angeles? :(

Hi everyone - I am from Southern Wisconsin,(Fort Atkinson originally) but work brought us to Florida. Now live in Maclenny (outside Jacksonville.) A whole new world, and we plan on getting back to Wisconsin when and if Real Estate market ever normalizes. Good to hear from all of you around the country - world.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie R
    Is it just me, or does anyone else find it interesting to see where other quilters live? I think it's kind of interesting to see that someone else is posting a question or comment and they live half way around the world. I wish everyone would put in their real location instead of something so general it could be anywhere in the world. I just think it makes it a little more interesting to know that someone in London, for instance, is posting something - it just adds to the overall interest in my humble opinion. Happy quilting!
    I agree! I like to see where quilters are from, too, so I don't get what this "in hiding" stuff is about. I would think just a state listing would not be too personal.

Reading questions and replies from all over the world reminds me that it is truly a small world when it comes to like interests. I have travelled internationally, and if I happen to find a shop with quilts/patchwork, I feel right at home.

Quote Originally Posted by brushandthimble
    I would love to meet someone close to me, get together for sewins maybe.
    Me too.

I'm in northwest Ohio, just a few miles from where the tornado went through last night and demolished a high school, and 3 people lost their lives. But my fabric is fine! We're in the process of finishing my sewing room so not only do I like to see how widespread quilting is, I love to see the rooms where it's enjoyed

Quote Originally Posted by SandyE
    Sandy E -- from Vallejo, CA (near Napa Valley)
    My brother and his wife live in Vallejo! I have been there once back when my kids were little, in August 1990. We had a great time.

I agree, we might even find quilting friends close to us as isnthatodd did. We are in the same state but a few hundred miles apart. So city and state is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilt4u
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    Quote Originally Posted by Holice
    Holice is in Sturbridge, Massachusetts

i need to look at the profile again.
    You must go to Charlton Sewing Center, it's just down the road from you. It's a very nice store, and if the owner (Cathy) is there, she will play the organ for you. The store is in an old church.
    I've been there On a day trip. Very nice. About an hour from Boston.
    I have looked it up a few times but never been there; its on my list :P

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbielinks
    I', in southwest Missouri about 1 1/2 hours from the Ok. line. I44 to Springfield, then up Hwy 13.
    Hi Bobbielinks.. I'm in Joplin.. not far from you.. compared to where others live! Bet we could run into each other at the Quilt Sampler in Spgfld.. or perhaps at F&M Fabrics?? That would be fun wouldn't it!

Hi to all. A real newbie (joined the other day). I am in Gilford NH and am always interested in my "fellow" quilters from the great state of NH.
    Can chalk up a job I once had a the mecca of quilting-Keepsake Quilting, Center Harbor, NH....but that's another story.
    Looking forward to chatting with everyone.

Yes, I love to know where people are from. Wonder if anyone lives near me? Battle Creek, MI

Quote Originally Posted by isnthatodd
    Just found someone who lives about 20 minutes from me!!!! Who knew? I hope we can get together this summer.
    I grew up in Richardson! Just a bit down the road from you! I now live in gorgeous Rapid City, South Dakota. I am hoping to meet one of the quilters on this board on Tuesday.

Missy

Quote Originally Posted by mrsreeves2
    My brother and his wife live in Vallejo! I have been there once back when my kids were little, in August 1990. We had a great time.
    I lived in Sacramento for 12 years. It really is a small world!

I love the Quilting Board, and I love the people here. I sometimes post, sometimes just lurk, but it is an awesome place to be. I live in a little town about 30 miles north of Waco, Texas.

I lived in Sacramento for 12 yrs...I love Vallejo!

Missy

Quote Originally Posted by lkcantwell
    I love the Quilting Board, and I love the people here. I sometimes post, sometimes just lurk, but it is an awesome place to be. I live in a little town about 30 miles north of Waco, Texas.
    Oh I love Waco! Baylor University is beautiful. I was born and raised in the Dallas area and lived there until 1994 when I moved to Sacramento, CA. Now I live in Rapid City, SD not very far from Mt Rushmore. I so love this board!

Missy

Quote Originally Posted by Sewslow
    Seeing a picture of a quilt made by someone in Germany, Spain, France, etc. gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling of global humanity. I'm in Vancouver, WA and it has recently rained so much I need all the warm and fuzzy I can get.
    Hi Sewslow, I'm in Ferndale, WA, and it's raining here too..

Your peonies in your picture profile are just beautiful. They are one of my favorite flowers. Jean

The reason for me is because I didn't know how to do a profile. Consequently it labeled me "in hiding" although I'm really not. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jane65us
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewslow
    Seeing a picture of a quilt made by someone in Germany, Spain, France, etc. gives me such a warm and fuzzy feeling of global humanity. I'm in Vancouver, WA and it has recently rained so much I need all the warm and fuzzy I can get.
    Hi Sewslow, I'm in Ferndale, WA, and it's raining here too..
    I just Googled Ferndale and it sounds like a wonderful place, in spite of rain. Too far to buzz over to quilt together, though.

I, too, really enjoy checking out where all the quilters are from. It's so neat to be able to connect with people from anywhere/everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Deb watkins
    Admin did a red dot on this awhile ago. It showed where everyone was from. Pretty cool what he can do.....
    What is a red dot?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenda Kay
    The reason for me is because I didn't know how to do a profile. Consequently it labeled me "in hiding" although I'm really not. lol
    When you are logged into the board, look at the top of the page, click on My Profile. You will see the fields to fill out. Have fun.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 ... LastLast