Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Longarm machine >

Longarm machine

Longarm machine

Old 03-03-2014, 02:54 PM

Ya know, I wonder how many sailboat owners say "Is it worth buying your own sailboat? that cost for just a hobby? How will I get my money's worth out of this boat"

I bought an Innova 22in on 12ft table. I got the 22in one cause I am short with short arms couldnt reach the back of the 26" throat, so it was useless space for me. I can still do a 15in block on point in my space so that is good enough for me. 12ft table cause I dont see me using the other 2ft of a 14ft table. If I ever win the lotto though, I will get the autopilot on a 32in throat with the largest table they will sell me just cause! But I fully intend the machine to do the work on that one!

I bought the long arm for myself, cause I have the ability to do so and the desire to have one. However, I did figure if I ever get laid off of work again, I can always move back to the south and work as a long arm quilter. Hopefully it will provide me with the means to keep afloat for a little while.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:32 PM

I have had my Gammill Classic 12' table for 18 years, yes, she still quilts like a charm. No stitch regulator, no computer ~ just the basics. After quilting professionally for years, I now quilt for some of my original customers, myself and charity quilting. No longer want the stress with custom quilting, all the quilting designs I stitch now are edge to edge. I'm happy I have kept my machine as the cost to have a quilt top quilted has tripled since I began.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:01 PM

Thank you I appreciate insight, I can fit the the 10ft frame easily in my sewing room, the 12ft would require less room for my sewing and cutting table. I do not think I will make king size quilts or have no real desire. I have two concerns choosing the 22" and the 26". I am concerned the weight of the 26" may cause muscle fatigue yet it seems to have less vibration. The 22" is lighter and seems very easy to move but the vibration seem greater. I have to say from test driving almost all brands the Innova is still the best choice for me. This is the last decision before the big purchase.