Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Longarm machine >

Longarm machine

Longarm machine

Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 AM

Sorry, I would not want to ask Singer to make a quilting machine. I have learned the quality of Singer products, like many others, have declined. Even if they did make one, it would probably have a plastic case.

Be sure you know what you are after before you begin such a project.

June
Old 03-30-2008, 08:59 AM

I bought a Baily over a year ago, it fits on my Gracie frame. I love it. I would love even more if it had a deeper reach (longer arm), but since my frame will only reach just so far, I couldn't use a longer-armed machine anyway. I keep thinking that when I retire, I will buy myself a full 15-20 thousand dollar longarm with steel frame, etc.....but I know that when I retire, I won't be able to spend that much money on 'toys'. My best option, now that I own the Baily, is to purchase a better (larger, maybe steel) frame for the Baily. That should save me about 13-18 thousand dollars over my 'real dream'.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:51 AM

Thanks to everyone for all there input.

Thanks June for your email and pictures you were a great help. I think you helped me make up my mind

Thanks you too RuthiesRetreat3 your input also help in my decision
Old 03-30-2008, 11:54 AM

[b]OOOOOOOOOOPs
Just wanted to see if I could do this in color and larger font

Thanks to everyone for all there input.

Thanks June for your email and pictures you were a great help. I think you helped me make up my mind ]

Thanks you too RuthiesRetreat3 your input also help in my decision
Old 03-30-2008, 11:57 AM

hello[b]

If this doesn't work dah........... would someone tell me how to change color and font size
Old 03-30-2008, 11:58 AM

I GIVE UP
Old 03-31-2008, 05:40 AM

I sent Singer an e-mail at [email protected] and told them we wanted a long arm, 16" for around $1,000.00. Haven't received a reply yet.
Since that was Sunday I'll wait until tomorrow to send another. Any one want to join the campaign? :!:
Old 03-31-2008, 05:56 AM

Caroltee, good ?, I would like to know that too!!
Old 03-31-2008, 06:54 AM

If one bad apple spoiled the whole tree I'd never have another Singer. The Ingenuity that I have now has been a big dissappointment, but.... I'm using my mother's very same modle with no problem. Mine is waiting to go to the shop AGAIN. I do still have faith in the company, they've been around forever and if they build an affordable mid/long arm I'll buy it.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:38 AM

I purchased a Tin Lizzie 18 at the Road to California Quilt Show in January. I'm still getting the bugs worked out. I had a little problem with the bobbin when it first arrived, it may have jiggled loose when it was shipped. But I called the man that actually makes them and he was able to tell my husband how to fix the problem. So far, I've quilted two small quilts on it and they both look nice for not knowing what I'm doing. Actually, my 7 year old grand-daughter quilted most of the second quilt yesterday and she loved doing it. I quilted free motion on the first one and on my grand-daughter's we pounced on a daisy pattern. I haven't been able to use the laser since the machine has no handles on the back to where a person could stand back there to follow the pantograph. I didn't get the wooden frame that is shown in the advertisement, mine came with the metal frame. Hope this helps!