Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Longarmers Help! Buying New Longarm & I Can't Decide >

Longarmers Help! Buying New Longarm & I Can't Decide

Longarmers Help! Buying New Longarm & I Can't Decide

Old 12-04-2016, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by duckydo View Post
Just wondering if you have tested out a gammill or a innova, they are both excellent machines also... I have a gammill that I have had for 7 years and it is great... I tested several machines before I bought. I think one of the things that you want is to be able to have a dealer close in case you need some help.
I too have a Gammill and love it. Took me years researching and testing several machines b4 purchasing it. You are considering some great machines - at the end of the day its such a personal choice. I was torn between the Gammill and the Bernina.
Old 12-13-2016, 12:16 PM

Thank you all for your responses!! After much deliberation, I finally decided on the APQS Lucey and ordered it on Friday. Ultimately it came down to the computerization for me. I have so many problems with tablets, computers, phones etc that I was really worried about all the controls going through the touchscreen on the HQ. If there had been a longer warranty on it (only 5 years), I might have reconsidered. I knew they were both great machines and I heard a lot of good things about both of them so I finally decided to just listen to my gut. I'm pretty confident that my husband can handle the repairs on the APQS since it is less computerized also. I would love to have tried a Gammill or Innova but there are no dealers here and I didn't want to worry about service etc. Whew, glad that decision is made....now I just have to be patient until she comes!
Old 12-13-2016, 12:30 PM

My advice? Buy the biggest you can afford!