Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
? for longarmers >

? for longarmers

? for longarmers

Old 09-29-2017, 03:15 PM

Default ? for longarmers

where do you all buy your rulers from?
Old 09-29-2017, 04:37 PM

I have rulers I bought from Jamie Wallen (quilters apothecary), Gadget Girls, and Teryl Loy (she was my dealer when I bought my Innova. She is not a dealer anymore but does rulers and quilt backings online)

http://store-ty5ns.mybigcommerce.com/

And I just got a few and stencils from DeLoa Jones. I believe they all have videos on their sites to show how they use them. I suggest just a few at a time. I have a couple nesting sets of hearts, stars and circles I use VERY infrequently.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:03 PM

i frequently end up buying rulers when I take a workshop with a teacher--so have bought from DeLoa Jones (her boomarang rulers are wonderful!), Jaimie Wallen (who has handles on his); Linda Taylor (my straight edge ruler is from her and my go-to); Kris Viera has a great V that is made just to work on Judie Niemeyer type compass piecing; and I just bought some cool circle rulers from Tia Curtis. Dusty Farrell has some nifty sets that snap together to make circles, ovals, hexagons, etc. Check out their websites! Nice thing is that they also show you how to use them.
Old 09-29-2017, 05:26 PM

I've got some Westalee rulers and some HandiQuilter rulers. I like the HQ rulers where the presser foot has to be inside the template (like circles), because there isn't a "key" that has to open and close. There's just a slit that's small enough to get the foot shaft through. Westalee has a ton of great rulers. I'm really having fun with the circle tool. https://www.sewsteady.com/collection...m-template-set But you absolutely have to have a ruler foot for your longarm to use this one.
Old 09-30-2017, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

Most of my quilting / longarm rulers I have purchased from handiquilter or my local dealer. I've bought a couple from Nancy's notions
Old 09-30-2017, 05:37 AM

I *tried* to buy rulers locally but could only find one straight ruler out of all of the local quilt shops & sewing machine dealers - I guess there's not a big demand for these in my area!

I've bought a couple basic ones on Amazon (mostly Handi Quilter brand), but I've been restraining myself as I'm going to a big quilt festival in about 2 weeks and I know there's at least one booth there every year selling tons of different longarm ruler/templates. I just got my longarm a couple months ago and have funds set aside to do a little bit of splurging in that booth this year. (Not sure what brand they are, though.)

I did buy the Westalee feather template set while I was in the Portland area on vacation recently - spotted it in a LQS on sale and couldn't resist. Portland seems to be a great place for quilters, I found so many great shops out there!
Old 09-30-2017, 10:40 AM
Banned

I've bought almost all of my rulers used from the SewItsForSale Yahoo group, as well as pantos and a few other things. I've gotten ones I never would have if I had to pay retail for them.

Cari
Old 10-01-2017, 02:29 AM

Has any long armer out there bought the Quilt Path? The computer that does all the work for you? I'm having a left hip talk to me, and my right eye doesn't want to follow the laser on the pantograph. Perhaps I am falling apart and need to just give it up.

Marcia
Old 10-01-2017, 04:13 PM

I have bought a number of rulers from Quilters Rule.
Old 10-01-2017, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Has any long armer out there bought the Quilt Path? The computer that does all the work for you? I'm having a left hip talk to me, and my right eye doesn't want to follow the laser on the pantograph. Perhaps I am falling apart and need to just give it up.

Marcia
Marcia--I find doing panto's so painful that I basically can't do anything for a couple of days--my neck kills me and like you, my hip hurts. I basically don't do pantos--if someone wants one I charge like custom! I don't mind working on E2E or border to border and have a nice fatigue mat under me. But my fav is custom quilting and sitting on my drafting stool! You might give that a try.