Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Look what I found at Harbor Freight

Look what I found at Harbor Freight

I want to share what I found at Harbor Freight for $2.29. They are called airbrush cleaning brushes. They are nylon and should be great for cleaning hard to reach places in my sewing machines.

Name:  SAM_2031smalljpg.jpg
Views: 4499
Size:  27.4 KB

Too cool! I need those!

These look great! Recently someone asked how to clean their computer keyboard - this will be great for that, too!
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Those are awesome!

Blog Entries
    Great find, thanks for the info. I'll be heading there Saturday, also want to get a magnetic dish for pins, etc.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Blog Entries
    boy, you're not kidding. why don't sewing machines come with skinny brushes like that!! but they never do. thanks.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Great find! Getting several of those on my next shopping trip to town. We collect vintage machines and those brushes will be great for them, as well as keeping my Bernina 640 clean. Maybe even places on Millenium.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Great find! Thanks!
    Linda

Blog Entries
    they look like they will do a great job getting the fuzzies out

Quote Originally Posted by nativetexan View Post
    boy, you're not kidding. why don't sewing machines come with skinny brushes like that!! but they never do. thanks.
    Be glad the sewing machine places don't have something like that. Think about what they would charge for it.

Those are nice! I use a child's paint brush. Let us know how well they work. Another thing I've been looking for is a screwdriver with a very short handle or handle that has a 90* angle. The screw driver that came with my machine is too tall to take out the screw in the feed dog plate. I need to look online I suppose!

Harbor Freight has that little screwdriver you need--a ratchet set for about $3.99 or so...it's a thumb operated ratchet with several screw driver tips. I love mine. Learned about it here on this board.

Blog Entries
    I have never been to a Harbor Freight but have been given items as gift that were bought there and I have been wondering if they have the cheaper canned air and if it is safe for sewing machines. I usually buy it on sale at Hancocks but it is still expensive and I use it a LOT. I am definitely going to get a set of those skinny brushes.

Saw that yesterday and didn't know I needed it. I have to go back today to get something for my DH's bday (he was with me last night). I will pick one up for my mom, too. I always appreciate when people on the board share their tools and tips.
    Quote Originally Posted by mermaid View Post
    Harbor Freight has that little screwdriver you need--a ratchet set for about $3.99 or so...it's a thumb operated ratchet with several screw driver tips. I love mine. Learned about it here on this board.

Blog Entries
    Neat tools! Thanks for posting.
    Got fabric?

Blog Entries
    I'm super cheap. I use an old mascara brush - cleaned, of course.

I've heard that canned air is not good because it blows the fuzz deeper into the machine where you can't get it out. But I'm no expert on anything.
    Lynn[
    QUOTE=pollyjvan9;5414812]I have never been to a Harbor Freight but have been given items as gift that were bought there and I have been wondering if they have the cheaper canned air and if it is safe for sewing machines. I usually buy it on sale at Hancocks but it is still expensive and I use it a LOT. I am definitely going to get a set of those skinny brushes.[/QUOTE]
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

would you be able to clean out a mascara brush and use that? It would have a nice sized handle to make it easier to hold onto...
    She looks for wool and flax And works with her hands in delight.

Quote Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
    I'm super cheap. I use an old mascara brush - cleaned, of course.
    Sweet the true recycle. I don't use makeup but allot of my friends do so I bet I can get one or two

Am I seeing a metal tip on the end of these brushes? I'd be very careful using that in any tight spaces of the machine esp. around the bobbin case. My Janome came with a good cleaning brush.

Blog Entries
    sweet I will be going there this weekend. thx for the tip
    SMILE- it will make everyone wonder what you are up to.
    Stay strong and keep looking up.

Blog Entries
    Yes, don't use canned air to clean your machine. It just blows every thing back where you can't get it out. A while back, someone here on QB posted some pictures of the bottom inside of a machine that had been "cleaned" with canned air and it was a solid mess of gunk!

Sylviak,

you should be able to find a regular mechanic's "stubby screwdriver" at any store which handles automotive tools or others. I usually end up borrowing my son's tool if I need to get that screw out! I'm a great one for advice, I need to get one for my tool box!

Jeanette Frantz

Oh yea, gotta ha dat!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

I would love 2 sets of these but alas, we do not have a harbor freight near by. Oh well.

Pat
    Patsy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast