Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LOOK WHAT I FOUND

yes, you can print it out. Be sure and add the author's name as I believe it is copyrighted. You will also need to enlarge it, cause when I printed it, the print came out very small.
    Just in case, you hold left button down while dragging over poem, when
    highlighted, you right click, and then click on copy. I go to my documents and right click and paste.
    To enlarge, you will need to highlight it again, and click on number size you want.
    Then go to File and go down to print. If you already knew all that, lol, just go, duuuh!!! :lol: (I need help, so glad to give it, just hope it's comprehendable.) :wink:

Love the poem; it is so true. Funny how a person's smell can comfort us--even little ones. When my mom passed, my granddaughter was 2. She had often fallen asleep on her great-grandma's lap. They lived with Mom at the time. We could not get Jay to sleep (she cried and cried) at night after Mom passed. We tried everything' including me holding her in Mom's chair then my sister suggested putting her to bed with one of Mom's lap afgans. It worked!! Jay snuggled up to the "blankie" and fell asleep with no problems. As the "grandma scent" faded, so did Jay's need to cope with the loss at bedtime.

Great poem. And congratulations on acquiring a new quilt from your Grandma. I'm sure that she would be pleased that it will used it and loved.

kd124, that is a sweet story. Right now, I am the only one that can 'rock' my smallest grandbaby to sleep. I hope it's bc I smell good, lol.

key4unc wrote:
    Great poem. And congratulations on acquiring a new quilt from your Grandma. I'm sure that she would be pleased that it will used it and loved.

We were so close, I know that this is how she would feel. ty, key4unc. :)

Loved the poem and the notes about their grandmothers. I've been told that my mother's mother made many quilts. According to my oldest aunt, at one time she had a total of 37 stacked in a pile. How she had time to quilt, I don't know, as she had 9 children in a very small house. No one knows what happened to all those quilts, but I have her glasses. The cousins agreed that I should have them, as I was the oldest grandchild and probably remember her best. She has been gone over 60 years, but I fondly remember little things about her.

Thank you for your help

yes, I feel like this whole thread has been dedicated to all of our wonderful grandma's. I can feel the love every time I read all of these replies.
    If by posting this poem I have helped another, I am grateful to Cynicky Phin (and the One that inspired her). :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    barb wrote:
    Thanks for the reminder- I forget that we don't need to clean all the time, certainly cuts into the quilting time.

I have an apron of my Gram's. I can still picture her in it, bottom pinned up to hold a berry basket. Gosh, it's hard to believe she's gone 4 years. She was 106 when she passed away. She said she was tired.

barb, I try to get on a roll with my housekeeping so I can hurry to my quilting, but all that does is make me tired. So, sometimes I am just gonna have a quilt-holiday, bc I am 21 and I can! lol! :)
    When I want (or need) a quilt holiday, I begin first thing in the morning. I stay in my jammies and get started as soon as I've put the coffee on. Sometimes I put something in the slow-cooker so that we'll have supper OR when DH gets home I ask where does he want me to pick up supper? Sometimes he suggests going out to eat. I manage to be dressed just in case he says the latter. :lol:

I figure if we don't take the time to quilt, our housework or volunteering will consume us. Those dust bunnies will out-live us, so why die trying to control them and deny ourselves the luxury of quilting.

You know what, Gail, your right. I have to cut out my quilts in time allotments, bc of my fibromyalgia, so it takes me a while from start to finish on a project. I am forced to work on different things, and very little of it is for me or hubby. I am going to give myself more jammies days and play in cave. That's a right fine idea! :wink:

Blog Entries
    I love this! I have one my grandfather made for me and he has been dead 21 years this August. When I wrap up in it I can still see him at my grandmas house and I can recall what each room looked like etc when he was alive.

Quote Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
    You know what, Gail, your right. I have to cut out my quilts in time allotments, bc of my fibromyalgia, so it takes me a while from start to finish on a project. I am forced to work on different things, and very little of it is for me or hubby. I am going to give myself more jammies days and play in cave. That's a right fine idea! :wink:
    My jammie play days are usually on Tuesday and/or Thursday.

oh Henry I am so glad your back. You must be feeling a little better. I know what you mean, about those special memories. You must have a lot of talent in your family. :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2