Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a Buddy >

Looking for a Buddy

Looking for a Buddy

Old 04-07-2011, 03:58 AM

Honey, you have however many members there are on this board. Oh, I just saw you are part Cherokee... me too, my grandfathers great grandmother was Cherokee. I proudly claim that small bit of blood running through my veins.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:40 PM

WOW.. So nice to find out where others are from. I am in Great Bend, Kansas... Anyone anywhere close?
Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by amyjo
I think we would a like to be buddies. All the people in my neighborhood have either moved to town or died. so I am happy to be anyones buddy. we have 2 quilt stores in Minot, Joanns and Hobby Lobby. Bismarck is 2 1/2 hr away and only rarely get there. they have several including a Hancocks I believe. they closed down in Minot and the sale prices were higher than when they were in business. you could only bu at the sale if you had cash and they didn't put those notices up large enough for any one to see until after they had shopped.
My husband is from Minot. He was born in Bottineau and moved to So. Cal when he was 12, I think it was. My parents lived in Minot for about a year, one time.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:00 PM

Another Ky. girl here, from far Eastern Ky. way up in the mountains in Pikeville, LOL!

I didn't realize we had so many ky girls here.

I hardly know any quilters in real life, but have made some AWESOME friends on here. The internet really does make the world smaller.

If anyone would like to organize a meetup or something for us Ky. girls, I'd love to help/come!

I'm still a total newbie to quilting, but would love to chat anytime with anyone about quilting.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:03 PM

I wish i was closer and we would have fun. The only fabric around here is the LQS and I can't afford that.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 PM

Hey, another Ky girl here. Bardstown Ky. I have never been more pleased than to have found this board. I've learned so much from all of you. I can hardly wait each nite to read all the post and look at all of the beautiful quilts on here.
I love reading all the fun things that makes us smile, I shed a tear for some of your problems, and a prayer when that is called for also. I don't know what more a friend any of you could be.
My heart goes out to all you lonely souls but rest assured that you are only one click away from a dear friend here.
If I can be of any help to any one here, Pm me or e-mail me. If I'm close enough to met up with any of you let me know. I'm ready for a glass of cold ice tea any time. Irene
Old 04-07-2011, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by barb55
Ther sure is a lot quilter from Kentucky. I wonder how many are from Oklahoma?
I'm north of Tulsa, OK and east of Bartlesville, OK. I know where Pawnee is but it is a little too far for me to drive, but I would like to have cyber buddies also. I recently became a widow after 50 1/2 years of being married to my DH. I'm still trying to get use to living by myself. I have not been quilting very long but have sewed since I was 8 yrs. old. Anyone can PM me that would like to. It gets lonely around here.

I also do oil painting on canvas and crocheting plus have a lot of other interests.
Windsong
Old 04-08-2011, 07:11 AM

Originally Posted by luckylindy333
Originally Posted by amyjo
I think we would a like to be buddies. All the people in my neighborhood have either moved to town or died. so I am happy to be anyones buddy. we have 2 quilt stores in Minot, Joanns and Hobby Lobby. Bismarck is 2 1/2 hr away and only rarely get there. they have several including a Hancocks I believe. they closed down in Minot and the sale prices were higher than when they were in business. you could only bu at the sale if you had cash and they didn't put those notices up large enough for any one to see until after they had shopped.
Hello:
I was sure suprised to see someone from Snohomish here. I was born there and moved to Oregon in 92.Sure do miss the old place.
My husband is from Minot. He was born in Bottineau and moved to So. Cal when he was 12, I think it was. My parents lived in Minot for about a year, one time.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:47 AM

I would like to have a PA buddy live on a farm nearest town DuBois,Reynoldsville,Brookville, i am in the middle. This is a grate site jest love it here,every one is so nice. :D
Old 04-08-2011, 10:23 AM

i think this board is the greatest! and i hope people found their match. i received a pm from a quilter not even 10 miles away! i think it would be fun to see how many found quilt buddies. so how about if you did, shout out!