Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a Buddy >

Looking for a Buddy

Looking for a Buddy

Old 04-06-2011, 07:55 AM

Buddy hunting! lol this post really started something. Cyber buddies are great too!

I live in Castle Rock Washington, which does have a quilt shop. Ten miles north in Longview/Kelso there are 3-4 more quilty shops, so I guess I'm blessed with them. There is a guild there, Lady of the Lake, but haven't contacted them, since I'm barely working and am short on funds these days.

But if any Washington buddies are nearby, it'd be great to know!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:19 AM

amyjo-I've been reading on this board for a long time, but have never made comments. I'm also from ND, it is tough to find affordable material even in Bismarck. I live near Center.
All on here post such lovely pics of quilts, mounds of great info and I truly enjoy visiting the board. Thanx all.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:42 AM

Next time you go to that fabric shop, ask some of the customers if there are other shops in the area, get into a conversation about quilting(you may make a friend there) and you can order fabric on line from www.connectingthreads.com. www.fabricshack.com, www.quiltfabriccloseout.com, www.thousandsofbolts.com along with www.keepsakequilting.com(they will send a catalog to you if you request it or you can shop on line in their catalog).
Some times I get lonely living by myself here in Idaho where I have no relatives. Don't go any place to meet friends. I met one friend at the Doctors office and two more are my neighbors. So I try to keep busy with my quilting and the lonely goes away.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by barb55
Originally Posted by JoyMar
Do you take 75 south? Do you work or are you retired like I am?

You can take 75 south then 16 east and it runs just south of where I live. I don't work and I'm not quite retired. I am a SAHM. My baby is 20 months old. That is her in my avatar.
:-D :D :D
Ypur baby is so cute. I don't to look dumb, but what does SAHM mean?
Now I know. I'm glad you get to stay home with your baby. I took in sewing for others when my kids were small, that way I could be home with them. I think they need that, if you can do it. I'm glad to see a young person that is into quilting. I didn't have any girls, so no other quilter from here.
Old 04-06-2011, 08:46 AM

Ypur baby is so cute. I don't to look dumb, but what does SAHM mean?[/quote]

Thank you, I am kind of taken with her myself. :-D
She keeps me busy too!
Old 04-06-2011, 08:53 AM

You can take 75 south then 16 east and it runs just south of where I live. I don't work and I'm not quite retired. I am a SAHM. My baby is 20 months old. That is her in my avatar.
Now I know. I'm glad you get to stay home with your baby. I took in sewing for others when my kids were small, that way I could be home with them. I think they need that, if you can do it. I'm glad to see a young person that is into quilting. I didn't have any girls, so no other quilter from here.
I have 4 girls, no boys. They all seem to be interested in sewing and quilting, except my oldest. The baby loves to go to the fabric store. She likes to feel the fabrics. It is so funny, we go down the isles with bolts across the front of the cart and her rubbing and and hugging them. She lets me know when one of them doesn't feel good too. I get lots of help folding and putting my fabrics away at home too. I just love it! :D
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM

I have 4 girls, no boys. They all seem to be interested in sewing and quilting, except my oldest. The baby loves to go to the fabric store. She likes to feel the fabrics. It is so funny, we go down the isles with bolts across the front of the cart and her rubbing and and hugging them. She lets me know when one of them doesn't feel good too. I get lots of help folding and putting my fabrics away at home too. I just love it! :D
You are so lucky, four girls, bet you'll get at least one quilter out of them. I wanted four babies, but the good Lord didn't let me have any more. It was a good thing cause I divorsed their father, and had to make it on my own with two boys.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by ruck9085
I live in Kentucky, Madison Co. and I would like to know if there are any on here from this area? We haven't been here very long, less than a year and I really love the place, the people, the scenery. Just wish I had a quilting buddy close by that I could hang out with occasionally.
I'm not what you call overly sociable. Sadly, at 62 I learned that friends are difficult to find and sometimes harder to keep. I'm not what you call lonely, just would like someone who shares my joy of quilting and giving to others.
And horror or horrors, I've found only 1 quilt shop around here. Can you believe that? Just one!
So, if you live around Madison Co. and would like to make acquaintances, let me know. Maybe you know where there are other quilt shops nearby. With the cost of gas, a trip to Lexington is a luxury I really can't afford these days.
Hi! I live in Corbin,Ky. South of Richmond on I-75. I am 63, forced to retire and I spend a lot of time quilting and sewing. Would love a new quilting friend . I am not familiar with Madison, Co. What town do you live in?
Old 04-06-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mad Gertie
Hello,
O I would LOVE to be your Buddy, just the name Madison County congers up all soorts of beautifull visions !!!
And especially as last week we watched the film, "The bridges of Madison County"
Such a pitty I live in England !
With love ,Mad Gertie from Kent
That Madison County is in Iowa. :) It's down in the West/Central area of Iowa.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:19 AM

Well, too far to travel!!! But in case anyone out there is looking for a buddy around Corbin, Ky. Drop me a line. I am free most days and would love someone to shop, trade, and,hopefully, even sew with some times.