Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a Buddy >

Looking for a Buddy

Looking for a Buddy

Old 04-06-2011, 04:58 AM

I live in the suburbs of chicago, so Kentucky is a little far for me, but i would love to be your buddy!
Old 04-06-2011, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by Patty Patches
HI LINDA,I;m from Somerset alittle bit closer than some of the others,but still to far away to meet for coffee.I;d love to be your friend though.I have two children and one grandson and I love to quilt
Hi Linda I live just up the road from Patty Patches in Science Hill. We could throw rocks at one another,maybe the next time I go to my DD in Versailles maybe we could meet for coffee.I might even sweet talk Patty into coming with me. Katie
Old 04-06-2011, 05:09 AM

I have only one quilt shop close also & it's only been here for 1 year. I don't really have any quilting buddies where I live, Closplint (Harlan Co.), but I would love to have a close buddy also.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

I can relate so well!! I don't have any quilting buddies in the flesh but the ones I have here are priceless!!!!
I would love to be one of your buddies on the web :D:D:D:D:D
Old 04-06-2011, 05:27 AM

Originally Posted by JoyMar
Originally Posted by barb55
I'm with you there. I don't think there is anyone close to were I live that could be my buddy. If anyone out there reads this and you live close to Pawnee,Ok. PM me and maybe we can get together. I would love to have a buddy.
Barb55
Hey Barb,
I'm not too far, not real close either. Do you know where Haskell is?
Joyce :?:
Do you take 75 south? Do you work or are you retired like I am?

No I don't, but heard of it, do you know where Pawnee is? How far do you live from Tulsa. I live around 65 miles north west.

Barb
Hi,
I am 40 miles SE of Tulsa down toward Muskogee.

Joyce
Old 04-06-2011, 05:28 AM

I'm with you there. I don't think there is anyone close to were I live that could be my buddy. If anyone out there reads this and you live close to Pawnee,Ok. PM me and maybe we can get together. I would love to have a buddy.
Barb55
Hey Barb,
I'm not too far, not real close either. Do you know where Haskell is?
Joyce :?:
Do you take 75 south? Do you work or are you retired like I am?

No I don't, but heard of it, do you know where Pawnee is? How far do you live from Tulsa. I live around 65 miles north west.

Barb
Hi,
I am 40 miles SE of Tulsa down toward Muskogee.

Joyce
Old 04-06-2011, 05:36 AM

I do hope you can find a buddy. There is nothing like one. Sorry I live so far away. I am in Big Cabin, OK but will be happy to email with you any time.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by ruck9085
I live in Kentucky, Madison Co. and I would like to know if there are any on here from this area? We haven't been here very long, less than a year and I really love the place, the people, the scenery. Just wish I had a quilting buddy close by that I could hang out with occasionally.
I'm not what you call overly sociable. Sadly, at 62 I learned that friends are difficult to find and sometimes harder to keep. I'm not what you call lonely, just would like someone who shares my joy of quilting and giving to others.
And horror or horrors, I've found only 1 quilt shop around here. Can you believe that? Just one!
So, if you live around Madison Co. and would like to make acquaintances, let me know. Maybe you know where there are other quilt shops nearby. With the cost of gas, a trip to Lexington is a luxury I really can't afford these days.
You have a Hobby Lobby on the Eastern By Pass that I really love. I live in Laurel Co. and don't get up there as often as I would like. If I lived there, I would visit it at least once a week. They have lots of fabric and notions and are cheaper than the quilt shops. They have different items on sale each week and they told me the sale prices are always posted on Mondays. I haven't been on the board very long either but love it. I spend too much time, like right now, on here instead of quilting. LOL
Good luck and hope you find someone closer for friendship.

sassy granny
Old 04-06-2011, 05:53 AM

Originally Posted by MillieMoseley
I do hope you can find a buddy. There is nothing like one. Sorry I live so far away. I am in Big Cabin, OK but will be happy to email with you any time.
Well it looks like there are some quilters in Ok. I just wish some were closer. I wouldn't mind e-mailing.
Barb
Old 04-06-2011, 05:59 AM

I am in Western Mountain Maryland, Alleghany Co. I am between Cumberland MD & Keyser WV.
I quilt alone at home, well, my furbabies & hubby are here, but they don't sew, just look. Hubby works 3pm -11pm shift.
There are a few local guilds, but I don't like to go into town ( Cumberland ) much, been out in the rural area for awhile :-) and just enjoy it too much.
Will & can be a cyber buddy ! Have only been really serios into quilting the past few years, did mostly clothing before.
Any one can send a PM if they like ! :-)