Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a Buddy >

Looking for a Buddy

Looking for a Buddy

Old 04-06-2011, 03:56 AM

I, too am looking for a quilt buddy...I live in Josephine, Texas. Good Luck. I do enjoy this Quilting Forum.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by barb55
I'm with you there. I don't think there is anyone close to were I live that could be my buddy. If anyone out there reads this and you live close to Pawnee,Ok. PM me and maybe we can get together. I would love to have a buddy.
Barb55
Hey Barb,
I'm not too far, not real close either. Do you know where Haskell is?
Joyce :?:
Old 04-06-2011, 04:12 AM

You know, I don't have any quilting buddies here except at our church, and we make quilts there that go overseas to be walls for other people. I really enjoy this blog because everyone is my quilting buddy here. I have learned so much and don't feel alone in my quilting anymore.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:15 AM

I've noticed that alot of the people writing in do not have a location where they live ,I'm sure there must be a reason for this but when someone writes in asking to meet other quilters for buddies they have no idea where or if there's anyone near them.I bet there's lots of us who would like to take advantage of a buddy system.Not only newbies want to socialize with other quilters ,when we can't go to one of the big quilting shows or would like a show and tell or see new notions etc it would be good to meet other quilters near where we live.
I will start it off.I live in Langhorne Pa. if your from Pa. you know where that is I am a long arm quilter and am not in business.I do all my own piecing and quilting and almost always make queen size quilts.I would enjoy meeting or helping or socializing with other quilters near by.

Maybe others from other States would do the same thing introduce yourselves to near by quilters who struggle alone and needs a quiting friend.

Elaine from Pa. http://community.webshots.com/user/heellie
Old 04-06-2011, 04:29 AM

Elaine from PA, I totally agree. I went to the South Dakota page and saw how many were from SD and don't know who is close by. I am Holly from yankton SD. I only quilt for myself and donating and gifts. I don't long arm but I do alot of quilting on my home machine. Someday I would love to long arm but can't get the husband to give me more room or budget for the machine. thank you Elaine for bringing this up.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:34 AM

Pretty far away up here in Maine but with this board we are all only a click away. don't forget you can PM anyone also. Welcome. This is a great group to belong to. No shortage of buddies. Barb
Old 04-06-2011, 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by JoyMar
I'm with you there. I don't think there is anyone close to were I live that could be my buddy. If anyone out there reads this and you live close to Pawnee,Ok. PM me and maybe we can get together. I would love to have a buddy.
Barb55
Hey Barb,
No I don't, but heard of it, do you know where Pawnee is? How far do you live from Tulsa. I live around 65 miles north west.

Barb
Old 04-06-2011, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by JoyMar
Barb55
Hey Barb,
No I don't, but heard of it, do you know where Pawnee is? How far do you live from Tulsa. I live around 65 miles north west.

Barb
Hi,
I am 40 miles SE of Tulsa down toward Muskogee.

Joyce
Old 04-06-2011, 04:50 AM

I could have written that too!!! Spent most of my life raising children(15) and have never has time to make a good friend. Only one of my children loves to sew but she lives far away.We do lots of photos on line to share. This is why I enjoy the board so much. Les
Old 04-06-2011, 04:58 AM

I live in Clinton,Mississippi. Anyone live around here?