Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a Buddy >

Looking for a Buddy

Looking for a Buddy

Old 04-05-2011, 01:14 PM

Someone else checking in from KY, I'm in Somerset also. I know I've seen someone on here from Richmond just can't remember who it was. Check with the University of Kentucky extension office in your county, some have very active quilt guilds.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:37 PM

I drive to the reservation every mmonth for 2-3 weeks. No material there.
Old 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM

Ther sure is a lot quilter from Kentucky. I wonder how many are from Oklahoma?
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM

i don't think there are any more on here from North Dakota. I have seen some from MN. a couple from South Dakota.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:10 AM

Long distance buddies can be fun also. You can share what you are sewing on or just what your day will be like today.

Since I moved to another state my best friend calls me between 630am and 7 am every morning, I'm always up, and we share what we are doing that day or just say good morning. :)
Old 04-06-2011, 03:15 AM

Here's hoping you find a quilting buddy .... I know the feeling. I would like the same after life settles down a bit. Oh heck, if put restraints on "when" it may never happen.
Hope someone reads your post and responds!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by amyjo
i don't think there are any more on here from North Dakota. I have seen some from MN. a couple from South Dakota.
I was born and raised near Turtle Lake ND. Family is still in the area. I now live in Nebraska. If you check the user list and search for North Dakota many will come up.:)

Just checked, there is a whole page of ND quilters!:)
Old 04-06-2011, 03:43 AM

I lived in Smithland for 11 years and loved it. The people in Kentucky are really great to know, once THEY let you get to know them. Once you do get to know them they'll do anything they can to help you. To them you're a stranger in "their parts".
When we moved there, from the suburbs of Chicago the neighbor nextdoor told us how it would be and boy she was right!
I have the same problem with making friends here in Ga. I have custody of an 11 year old granddaughter (I'm 65) and don't have any friends to pal around with either. I think it's because the mothers of her friends are young enough to be my daughter so they don't want to be around me. The ladies my age see me with my granddaughter all the time so they don't want to be around me either. The neighbors are cordial but I never get invited to anything. They all come here for sewing or free embroidery or plants when I'm dividing, etc. but never invite me to go shopping or to any functions they have. But that's o.k. I have my family and I'm very happy to take my granddaughter with me. She loves to sew and garden. When I go to JoAnn's or Hancock's she's rummaging through all the fabric for her next project. I can't get out of Lowe's or Home Depot's garden center without spending money on flowers and seed for her.

Just be patient and give it some time, you'll find friends there and when you do you'll have a friend for life. I met one of my best friends, been friends for about 15 years now, at an embroidery class at a machine dealer when we both bought a new embroidery machine. She used to live in Kentucky too but she now lives in TN. We can't see each other but we talk everyday!
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 AM

Hi, I live in Lexington am in Berea and Richmond fairly often, would
love to be your buddy. There is a quilt group in Richmond that meets every Thurs. also one in near by Winchester that meets
every Tues(I go to this one) either one would welcome you.
PM me for more details.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:49 AM

You sound just like me. I too am looking for a buddy. I wish I were closer.