Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for fabric >

Looking for fabric

Looking for fabric

Old 03-06-2012, 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by Drue View Post
This board is amazing and I am hoping that someone can lead me to the right place to find Beatrix Potter/Peter Rabbit fabric for making a crib quilt for a friend. She wants it in the pale/mint green colors. Most of what I have located is out of stock and no idea when it will be back in stock or it is over priced in my opinion. PLease help if you can. Thank you, hugs, Drue
Drue, I have some of the Feather and Furry Friends - it's on a tan background. I also have some of the coordinating border fabric with with small red & green checks. You're welcome to it if you think it will work. Karen
Old 03-06-2012, 06:03 AM

Thanks Yippie,
I did go to the yahoo home space and put in Beatrix Potter Fabrics and it came up with "hundreds" of sites...but once again....most of the fabric is not available, even tho they show pics of it....I do have some of the web sites from there written down (the ones I didn't go to, so far). Everytime I tried to order tho, the fabrics I needed were not available! SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

Thanks for your help, Drue
Old 03-06-2012, 06:08 AM

wish I had some. Do have the pale blue and pink (I think I have pink)
Old 03-06-2012, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Karen's Kreations View Post
Drue, I have some of the Feather and Furry Friends - it's on a tan background. I also have some of the coordinating border fabric with with small red & green checks. You're welcome to it if you think it will work. Karen
Hi Karen,

Thanks so much, but I don't think that will work with what I am asked to make....however, if you are wanting to give this fabric away, I do make donation quilts for children in foster care thru our guild and also make donation quilts for our church to raffle and the money goes to the underprivledged children in our area. I would be more than happy to use your fabric to make a quilt for a needy child and give your name on the donation and send you a pic of the quilt made from that fabric.

Hugs, Drue

Please PM me if you'd prefer to do so.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:55 AM

I did a google search and there were several hits.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:29 PM

Thanks to all who have tried to help me locate this fabric. I have been to every website that everyone has submitted and unfortunately, as usual, they are out of stock and have no idea when they will get it back in stock. I have had some extremely generous quilters that are sending me what they have from the UK and from Canada, only wanting to trade some sleveges and some quilt magazines, which I will definately trade to them. I have a quilter in San Antonio sending me a coulpe of pieces of what she has for less than her cost.... a quilter in Temple Texas and in Illinois that are also in touch with me about this....so many generous quilters on this board. My thanks don't seem to be near enough to each of you who have been trying to help me with this delima. I also do donation quilts for less fortunate children and for children in foster care, so the fabric will certainly be used and credit will be given to the ones who have generously donated their fabrics to Beatrix Potter fabrics to me whether I could use them in the quilt I was asked to make or not. I know they will make some other children very happy as well.

I am hoping that when the fabric arrives from the different locations, I'll be able to make the quilt I was asked to make. I am just amazed that this fabric of a much beloved childrens' character for so many years is not available.

Anyway, thanks to all who have participated in this seach with me. I'll be sure to post pics of what I get and the quilt I come up with for all to see. I am still not giving up on my search tho, so if anyone comes up with some of the fabric, please contact me.
Thanks again so very much to each of you!

Hugs to All, Drue
Old 03-06-2012, 06:52 PM

Cute fabric! I used to have a bunch of Peter Rabbit fabrics but when something sits here for too many years, it gets sent off to a new home so this group is gone. Someone here will be able to direct you
Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 PM

Found a few...

http://www.infantandkidsfabric.ecrat...eter-rabbit-on
http://www.4my3boyz.com/product/CHAR...er-Fabric.html

There were also several listed on etsy.com though some were quite pricey!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:40 PM

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

Originally Posted by Drue View Post
Thanks, I have those links and if you pull up the fabrics, and especially the light greens, it will tell you, "No longer in stock"...or something to that affect. This is one of my main problems in locating these fabrics. It's very frustrating, to say the least. BUT, I do keep checking and have added my name to the contact list.
Thank you so much for your response and information.
Drue
Drue,

Our Quilting Treasures sales rep is stopping by tomorrow, and he will have the list of what they are reprinting. He told me by phone today that these two *are* reprinting. I'll know more tomorrow. He's giving me an early "heads up", as I've been telling him for years that they should have kept these fabrics as perennial classics. They would truly never go out of style. At least, as not as long as the Peter Rabbit stories are still being read!
Attached Thumbnails qt_gtbloxgrn_zoom.jpg   qt_gtscencrm_zoom.jpg  
Old 03-07-2012, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
Drue,

Our Quilting Treasures sales rep is stopping by tomorrow, and he will have the list of what they are reprinting. He told me by phone today that these two *are* reprinting. I'll know more tomorrow. He's giving me an early "heads up", as I've been telling him for years that they should have kept these fabrics as perennial classics. They would truly never go out of style. At least, as not as long as the Peter Rabbit stories are still being read!
Thank you so much.... I be watching and waiting with much anticipation to see what's going to be reprinted and how soon it will be available. This searching and hunting is becoming very tedious for me.
I'm with you , I can't understand why the Beatrix Potter fabrics were ever discontinued...especially Peter Rabbit.
All I can find, for the most part are the other characters from the books, like Jimimah PuddleDuck, the pigs, the kittens, etc. Please let me know what you can find out. PM me if you'd prefer.

Thank you again for your help.
Hugs, Drue