Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Looking for flannels

Blog Entries
    I've gotten some wonderful flannels at our Craft Warehouse.

I have a Quilt store in the area that has a large selection of flannels. You can go to www.quiltersqtrs.com. You can also sign up for their news letters.

I have a Quilt store in the area that has a large selection of flannels. You can go to www.quiltersqtrs.com. You can also sign up for their news letters. It is located in Leavenworth, KS.

Hobby Lobby has lots of flannel, even solid colors. The Dollar stores carry the infants receiving blankets that are flannel and that would work as well. Look for sheet blankets too.

I made one rag baby quilt with flannel, never again, too much work trying to get it to shed the fuzz. And it will shed fuzz every time it is washed, I suppose, so I didn't give it away.

Carol J.

HobbyLobby have flannels. I don't know if they are what you want but it is worth a look.

FAbricdepot.com usually has great selections of flannel at decent prices. I order from them all the time.

i've seen some nice ones at fabric.com
    and, at Hancock's of Paducah...
    and at Quilted Treasures....

have fun!!!

I've been collecting flannel scraps for about six months. Whenever I go into a fabric store, I check the remnant bin. I've collected enough now for the quilt I want to make. If you can be patient, you might be able to collect enough over time. Also, fabric.com has quite a bit of flannel. If you do a search for "flannel fabric" or "fabric flannel" you might find some online. I've had good results shopping online with jofabric.com (might be jofabricS.com); thousandsofbolts.com; and fabric.com. There are many others. Those are just the ones that come to mind. And some of the people on this board might pony up too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DoxieMom
    I want to do a rag quilt using 10 coordinated flannels (florals and plaids, large and small, light and dark) but I'm having trouble finding anything other than novelty and juvenile prints or solids. I've checked at my two local JoAnn's and have been looking on line. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find a better selection?
    I have some that are Cola~Coca's . If inerested I up load pictures. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for.

the only problem with JoAnn's is the quality varies... i just finished a flannel cancer quilt, and the variations really became a problem.... some of them came from JoAnn's.... it was the Moda and other higher-end brands that held their shape.... WITH pre-washing!!!! so, if you spend just a little more, you might enjoy making the quilt a whole lot more!!! and wrestle less with shifting fabrics.... i still stand by fabric.com..... they're awesome, and they ship QUICKLY!!! ....and, you can match colors by fabric lines... enjoy!!!

Blog Entries
    try flannelqueen.com

Search online for quilt shops up North... I found wonderful flannels online in Nebraska and Michigan quilt shops. But recently while on a retreat in Milford, TX, I visited a friend that has a quilt shop in Italy, TX. She had some great floral flannels from Moda Fabrics.... Here is her contact:

[email protected]

Suzie is a nice lady, tell her Jan in Plano said, "hello." She also sends you a free pattern with every shipment.

Blog Entries
    Someone recommended that you look for cheap flannel shirts, etc to get material for a rag quilt. I wouldn't if I were you. I mixed flannel from WalMart and flannel from a quilt store for a rag quilt that I wanted to give to a cousin. When it was washed you could tell which was cheap and which was the better fabric. Needless to say, I never gave it as a gift. It went into one of those donation boxes at a church. A very expensive donation.

You might consider http://www.fabricdepot.com They have quite a selection and offer 35% off on internet orders.

I'm Terry from Your California Fabric Connection and I do have a nice selection of flannels available. If you'd like to email me, I can forward some photos of what I have. I get mill ends, so my inventory is always changing.

Have you ever tried Flannel World? They are an online company and carry beautiful flannel! Just go to flannelworld.com and take a peek!
    Laurie

Go to a quilt shop. They have a lot of flannels to choose from.

Yes at my house! What size and exactly what colors are you looking for?
    Patti in Ohio

Quote Originally Posted by DoxieMom
    I want to do a rag quilt using 10 coordinated flannels (florals and plaids, large and small, light and dark) but I'm having trouble finding anything other than novelty and juvenile prints or solids. I've checked at my two local JoAnn's and have been looking on line. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find a better selection?
    www.fabricdepot.com in portland, Oregon, watch their home page for the 40% off days

Try GlacierQuilts.com. They are in Kalispell, MT. She will coordinate for you, pack it up nice and ship it right away. I got Tons of Flannel from her. Her name is Suzie, and I think she is a doll. Now all I have to do is get to Montana to meet her.

Another thought. Go to Goodwill or other thrift stores in your area and look at men's flannel shirts. A lot of them are in really good condition and you can get a lot of fabric out of the back, front (below the pockets (unless you want to use the pockets for an embellishment), and the sleeves. It's especially good when they have their "sale days.' I.e., all of their blue tags ($3.00) items are on sale for $1. Look for the XXXLs!

i was at walmart and they have a nice selection otherwise speak to the manager at joanns and see if they have a catalog of selections for you to choose i had this happen to me one year and the manager was so helpful

Gladstone, Oregon by way of Washington(the state)
    Mill end store may have them. Also Fabric Depot. Not sure if you have these stores where your at but both have online sites. Hope this helps. :D

JoAnn Fabric Etc store usually have a larger selection than the regular JoAnn stores. Also try EBAY. I have found nice hard to find fabrics there. If you can find a Walmart with a full fabric dept, ask the manager if she can order some fannel. The manager at our Perry Georgia Walmart was able to order some for me about 2 yrs ago.

Blog Entries
    I found this site for you, i went looking for ya,,,,,,,

http://www.flannelworld.com/
    http://www.fabricdiva.com/ formerly fleecelady.com
    http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/ awesome site
    http://www.inweavefabric.com/

I sure hope one or all of theses sites help!! Good Luck.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast