Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking at getting a mid-arm machine >

Looking at getting a mid-arm machine

Looking at getting a mid-arm machine

Old 06-12-2011, 05:35 AM

I have the Viking Mega quilter; it comes in the 9in and 18in. I love it. It has the thread cutting button which is great and it can wind the bobbins while you sew and the bobbins are easy to change; you don't have to take the fabric off when you do it. It needs to be oiled daily if you use it daily.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by romanojg
I have the Viking Mega quilter; it comes in the 9in and 18in. I love it. It has the thread cutting button which is great and it can wind the bobbins while you sew and the bobbins are easy to change; you don't have to take the fabric off when you do it. It needs to be oiled daily if you use it daily.
Do you have the 9" or 18"? I have the 9" but am thinking about looking into the 18". Not sure I'm torn between the Viking and the Babylock Crown Jewel.
Old 06-12-2011, 08:52 AM

I have the 9in. I didn't have the money or the knowlege about the different sizes when I got mine. I'm sure once I get into quilting it won't take me long to get a larger one. I've been a little intimidated by it all so I haven't used it for FMQ yet but it sews great and I've done the rag quilts and stitch in a ditch with it. I'm trying now to get organized enough to start using it to practice; I hate having something intimidate me and the only quilting classes around here are on Sundays and I work then and won't give up the extra money to take off. I'll get there.