Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking at long arms >

Looking at long arms

Looking at long arms

Old 09-28-2023, 01:39 PM

Where do you rent a computerized long arm from in MN? I am near Duluth and would love to rent a computerized long arm!
Old 09-29-2023, 03:56 PM

Karen McTavish studio rents out longarm after you have taken a class. They do have a machine with Quilt Path on it. However, I do not know if they rent out time using the Quilt Path. mctavishquilting.com
Old 09-30-2023, 11:47 AM
pw6

Kens sewing center has good prices new and used, free shipping and they offer great support
Old 09-30-2023, 01:25 PM

I currently have a HQ Amara. With the pro-stitcher software. I LOVE it. I have never had issues. I am still learning all the things it can do. I dont have to use it everyday, it’s in my home. I use it when i want. I am quietly discouraging anyone from asking to come over and use it. (It helps that i had been pretty sick in 2022 and was able to just say no!)
it was some $$ but not near the cost of the Innova. (I looked but the dollar scared me away.). I have no intention doing any quilting for hire, just want to quilt my quilts when i want to quilt my quilts! I took a class at a local shop and they always offer great deals on the machines at that time

Like someone already stated. It’s a personal choice. Dont let anyone convince you otherwise.
That is a reason i didnt tell anyone i got it at the beginning. I didn to want to hear how “so and so hates that brand and it is nothing but trouble”. I am a grown up. I will contact my dealer and call HQ if i have issues!.

Plus i enjoy watching AdamSewFun and his instructional videos are pretty great. He is an HQ ambassador. Which i did not know when i bought. I just thought he was very fun and his burrito method of loading the longarm is great!
Old 09-30-2023, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
Karen McTavish studio rents out longarm after you have taken a class. They do have a machine with Quilt Path on it. However, I do not know if they rent out time using the Quilt Path. mctavishquilting.com
I am planning on doing this this winter but she said they don't have computer quilting and I want to get experience with computer quilt also.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaDonutz View Post
I am planning on doing this this winter but she said they don't have computer quilting and I want to get experience with computer quilt also.
Have fun, I enjoyed my class. I did not enjoy the stitch in the ditch ruler work part but did enjoy all the rest. I don't have a computer on my machine, and I don't do pantos either. I just have been doing free motion mostly all over meander with something thrown in like bubbles, or leaves, or hearts, or whatever. I found I really like piecing the most but my being able to quilt up my quilts myself is great and as I do mostly scrappy quilts, my style of quilting fits and does the job of holding the quilt together. This winter I may get to my plan of doing fancier sit down small, quilted pieces on my Bernina as I have the stitch regulator for that and also the ruler foot and some small rulers. I am getting older and my body seems to like sitting these days.
Old 10-04-2023, 03:49 PM

I have a Qnique 21 tnat i bought 5 years ago. IT's automated with Quilters Creative Touch. It works great. It has a Bobbin winder on it, but I have never used it. I bought a separate bobbin winder for that task.

Before that, I had a Handiquilter 16 that i bought used. It worked well, too, but I wanted a bigger throat.

Happy hunting!