Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for Mr. "That Green"....

I am looking for that green, I believe it is 30s reproduction? Where is a good place to get it, somebody has some wants to swap? Or something like that. I am making a grandmothers flower garden because I was given a quilt top, and I already had blocks and am doing a border, and I want to do alternating squares of that green and white... Anyway, if you can all understand what I just wrote, drop me a line.
    Thanks

Ummmm.......which green? I have a couple of 30's reproduction greens. Are you looking for a particular print?

do you mean THAT GREEN that looks like hospital scrubs and institution walls? i'll check for you.

keep this on top of the list by going

bump

if people are reminded of who needs it, you're more likely to get some.

bump

Bump!
    It is the green solid, not a print...

What "green" are you talking about?

There is a green solid 1930's in the Keepsake Quilting catalog that is their own fabric. You can't find it anywhere else and it's my favorite shade of green. I got it a long time ago when I could still afford to, but I've used it all up. Anyway, I think it's perfect for almost anything. pm me if you want the number in the catalog of it.

There is a green solid 1930's in the Keepsake Quilting catalog that is their own fabric. You can't find it anywhere else and it's my favorite shade of green. I got it a long time ago when I could still afford to, but I've used it all up. Anyway, I think it's perfect for almost anything. pm me if you want the number in the catalog of it.

whoops :oops: how did that happen?

"That green" you're looking for is called Nile green. I don't know where you can get some but here's a site where someone talks about it (look down on the article until heading mentions "Nile green."
    http://fiberfantasies.wordpress.com/...vintage-quilt/