Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a new machine...

Looking for a new machine...

After dealing with a machine that breaks every time I use it, I've decided to purchase a new one. I've been looking at the Janome Skyline S5 which seems to be a pretty good machine. My question is, does anyone have this particular model? If so, what do you think of it? The only reviews I can find are those of testers, not consumers. TIA

If you can find a shop that sells the Eversewn Sparrow 30 I would suggest trying it. I love this machine. High end features, excellent quality and a very reasonable price. Made to Bernina specs.
    I believe giving what I can will never cause me to be in need.
    Being cheap is not a badge of honor.
    My heroes are working people, paying their own way, taking care of their children and being decent human beings.

I do not personally have this machine but have a friend who bought one last year and she absolutely loves it. She makes a lot of heavy duty quilts for “camping” out of denim and flannel and says she hasn’t found anything it won’t sew through.

Blog Entries
    I just bought Viking 960...love it...at least look
    Be kind today......

My niece has the Skyline and when I used it, I loved it. Loved everything except it was only 9" (I think) in the harp space and I really, really wanted 11" if I was going to indulge anyway. I ended up getting a "re-box" Janome MC 8200 for just a smidge more than the SKyline. So ask yourself what's most important to you, and stick with your priorities.