Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
looking for pattern name >

looking for pattern name

looking for pattern name

Old 08-09-2022, 11:24 AM

Default looking for pattern name

A few weeks ago, I was browsing on Pinterest, and saw a quilt I really liked, but it did not indicate a pattern name. I clicked on the picture, and it re-directed me to Laundry Basket Quilts. I searched every pattern on the site, but could not find that quilt. I went back to the Pinterest site, and clicked again. I later found out that it appears to have been posted in/around 2014.
I have tried to link to it, but being technologically challenged, I have not been able to get it to work. The picture is a multicolored block made with squares, with white triangles in each corner, so it ends up as a square, but looks like an octagon. Edyta Sitar is standing in front of the quilt, holding a pillow in her arms, kind of hunched over it. The pillowcase has large flowers at the opening.
I'm pretty sure I can figure out the pattern and dimensions, but I would like the pattern name for my label

I went back and clicked on the picture, so I really hope this works . If not, I don't know how else to do it.https://www.pinterest.com/pin/362399101280017995/
I appreciate any help you can provide.
Old 08-09-2022, 12:40 PM

it's nice that you want to buy the pattern but if you charted it out on graph paper you could do it yourself. it't simple 9 patch combined with half square triangles in the corners. why not just call it the laundry basket quilt since that's the inspiration.

Last edited by quiltingcandy; 08-09-2022 at 12:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2022, 02:53 PM

Did you email Laundry Basket Quilts and ask if they had that pattern for sale? That's what I would do.
Old 08-09-2022, 03:27 PM
Gay

I couldn't find any reference to it either, but as said it is not a difficult block to produce. It uses 2 1/2" strips cut into squares with a 4 1/2" HST in each corner.
The block will be 14" finished.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:16 PM

Do you think each "ball" is make from one jelly roll strip? Oh I hope so.
Old 08-09-2022, 04:39 PM

Yes, I was able to figure out the pattern by drawing it out on graph paper. I contacted Laundry Basket Quilts when I first saw it (before I realized that it was first posted in 2014, lol); they have not responded yet so I am guessing I will have to just make it, and give it a name for my label. Not sure you could use a jelly roll, though. The squares could be whatever size you want them to be, I guess, but the triangles in the corners ( at least, on my graph) need to be a little bit larger, to account for proper setting. I have plenty of fat quarters, though, so I will be using those
Old 08-10-2022, 03:57 AM

I enlarged the picture and up in the corner is a framed photo of the pattern....I think it reads TEXAS STAR. You can google/search TEXAS STAR by Edyta Sitar/Laundry Basket Quilts as see what pops up.
Old 08-10-2022, 07:58 AM

I did go back and enlarge the picture, but it is for the Texas Star pattern, not this one. But thank you for looking. I did not even know that enlarging the picture could be done. I will just do as another member suggested, and say on my label that it was inspired by LBQ, which it is. I have made my text block, and it looks pretty good. I'll be starting to make the whole quilt next week.
Thank you, everyone who replied, I appreciate your help.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:37 AM

Looks like checker board block i on point , with snow balled corners
Old 08-10-2022, 12:57 PM

Www.laundrybasketquilts.com
It has all of her quilts plus her blog demonstrates how to sew the blocks together.