Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Looking for a pattern...

Looking for a pattern...

Hi all!

I had decided on a pattern for a quilt and had cut a bunch of fabric in 12, 8, and 4 inch squares, but I've decided I don't love the pattern after all. I'm looking for pattern suggestions that could use the already cut fabric without too much waste. Any ideas? Also, I'm fairly new to this, so I'm looking for something quite simple and it's for a rag quilt. Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Are those the actual dimensions of the cut squares, or are they really cut to the half inch, for instance 12.5"?
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Blog Entries
    I would look at free patterns from Moda. They have a lot of charm and layer cake patterns. Also you could cut your 12s and 8s into 4" squares, then make HST.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

Power Poster
    Look through the free pattern tab at Bonnie Hunter's www.quiltville.blogspot.ca there might be a pattern there you can use your precuts on.

Senior Member Chester the bunny's Avatar
    There is a pattern here using squares, you could use your 4", cut your 8" down to 7 1/2", cut your 12" into nine 4"
    http://delawarequilts.com/Projects/Y...plySquares.pdf
    Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.
    Edmund Burke

Look at what Tartan posted. She has lots of patterns on her site, all free.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.