Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for suggestions >

Looking for suggestions

Looking for suggestions

Old 05-02-2018, 02:06 PM

Excellent ideas Wildyard! I will be sure to check for those next time I go to the thrift store! Geri, as of yet, I'm using a yardstick, scissors and a largish old cheese board that wasn't being used for anything at all for my cutting surface lol. I'm sure the other stuff will come in time. Right now I'm all primitive :P
Old 05-02-2018, 04:00 PM

Well, Tiny Tigger, your family will know what to get you for occasions from now on! Watch for Joann coupons and you can get half off a set of rotary cutter, ruler and cutting board for a very reasonable price.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Go to Bonnie Hunter's website quiltville.blogspot.ca and watch her video on how to debone cotton thrift store shirts for quilting cotton fabric. She also has a lot of free patterns under her pattern tab.
This is a very good place to start with out much money.
Old 05-05-2018, 08:51 AM

Default Sitting here flabbergasted and blubbering like a fool..

Now that the waterworks have dried up somewhat and there is no danger of a snot river...

I think it was last week that I joined this board, and I had made a post asking for suggesting for ways to grow ones hoard (hubby's words, not mine). Well, everyone here was amazing, and had tons and tons of great ideas and suggestions. Some of you were kind enough to send me stuff from your own stashes. Off the top of my head:

goldsberry921
Boston1954
tstransky

Amazing! It has been a long time since I was last part of any kind of community that had such big, kind, generous hearts. Your souls surely light up the world around you. Every. Single. One. Of. You....every single person on this board... I am literally flabbergasted. I just....*takes a deep breath*

My hubby woke up and saw me sitting in the middle of the living room, and I just looked up at him and said "I got boxes of Happy!" (I think he thinks I'm weird....or at least weirder than normal.)

Again, I am simply amazed at the kindness everyone of you has shown me, and although I might not post a ton, I read and absorb all of the gathered wisdom, knowledge and just the wonderful community that this place is. Late last year I lost my dad to cancer. For me it was especially tough, as up until about 4 years ago, we had been estranged for close to 20 years due to Alot of family drama. I was lucky enough to reconcile with him, and get to spend time with him over the last four years, but I've been feeling ...lost since his passing. This place, with all of you wonderful, amazing people, have filled a hole in my heart, and made me feel like I have a big family again. Thank you for that. May your kindnesses be returned to you all a thousandfold.

Now I am off to stare at happy boxes, and maybe blubber a bit more.

Tigger
A.K.A Lynne

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 05-05-2018 at 11:01 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps
Old 05-05-2018, 09:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your Dad. No one can replace him but thank goodness you got to reconcile with him and have a great time during the last 4 years. I am still gathering fabrics for you and hope to get to the post office next week. My Dad passed away in 1994 and I have just pulled out his jeans to make a rag quilt. I still feel his presence but now I think I can sew his jeans. Just to assure you that all of these QB members are wonderful-every time I ask for advice or searching for something-everyone come to my rescue. This board is the greatest with the most generous people in the world. Good luck with your stash building and I am so happy for you.
Old 05-05-2018, 12:46 PM

Yes, this is a wonderful place to come together as a community, get advise and just be among those who share the same love of the craft you so much enjoy. I feel blessed to have found this place. I've seen some craft forums where everyone is snide or just tries to tear everyone else down, and it so nice to be a part of a community that has big hearts
Old 05-07-2018, 08:33 AM

as you begin your quilting projects, you will have left-over pieces of fabrics, some quite large. Remnant bins are a good place to look. Also check the sale fabrics at the stores for cottons that you like. Your stash will gradually grow without really trying to build it.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:55 AM

Tiny tiger, I PM'd you. Please reply yay or nay. Thank you. You have asked of a very good group to help you. This site always has me in awe of their knowledge and help.