Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for the woman who makes extension tables with pockets >

Looking for the woman who makes extension tables with pockets

Looking for the woman who makes extension tables with pockets

Old 03-16-2010, 06:39 PM

I love to use my short arm to machine quilt. A year ago I bought a table in plexiglas and after rolling my car over it. I find it very hard to fit around my sewing machine anymore.

Was on my way to a retreat when I set my table down to go back in the house for my cup of tea. Got in the car w/tea and that is when I felt/heard this ka-thump-crack!

:thumbdown: Hate it when that happens. :roll: Trying to keep a good since of humor I left for the retreat and sat next to a woman with a 24"x18" extension table with 2 pockets underneath(optional) I think. I do not know her web site and I know the lady said it was very inexpensive. I must have a new extension table so I can machine quilt. Anyone know who this person or business is? I was told a woman makes them herself in Oregon, a cottage industry I think. I loved her table, it never moved when she quilted and it appeared strong, oh, and there was a permanent 5th leg on it as well as a ruler.

Any help is appreciated, I try to support the smaller companies. :thumbup:
Old 03-17-2010, 06:24 AM

I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it does sound like something compairable!

http://sewingmates.com/index.asp
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
I don't know if this is what you are looking for but it does sound like something compairable!

http://sewingmates.com/index.asp
I just went to the site to check this out. Very clever! But, I don't think they're prices are any better than what my LQS charges. Too bad.

My dearest boyfriend :roll: tossed my large quilter's tote, which had my extension table in it, onto a chair at an angle. It was just hard enough to make it crack in two. Errr! :?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:01 PM

I never knew such a thing even existed!! And here I was looking for a recessed table, and this is so much better cause it can go with you!! :) :)

Rachel
Old 03-18-2010, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by athenagwis
I never knew such a thing even existed!! And here I was looking for a recessed table, and this is so much better cause it can go with you!! :) :)

Rachel
I've had extensions for two machines for several years now. I really like them when I'm piecing. All the pieces can be stacked to the side and snatched up quickly when chain sewing. Also, if you take it to a class, the extension sort of defines your space (not that I've found fellow quilters to be space greedy) so you don't overflow into someone else's area. (Both of my extensions are the larger ones; I'd probably get a smaller, 12"?, one for classes, now that I've used them for a few years.) When I use them at home, I tuck some of my tools, thread, and bobbins underneath the extension to keep them handy.

However, I don't really like the extensions for the quilting step. No matter how I rolled the quilt, flung it over my shoulder, or pushed it onto a side table, it would still get hung up trying to push it up and over the edge of the extension; i.e., unless I kept the quilt really elevated, it caught. It also, sometimes, got caught in the space between the extension and the body of the machine (and these are custom made for my machines so they fit it well).
Old 03-18-2010, 10:01 PM

:P Thank you to the person who gave me this address: :thumbup:
http://cluttergutter.com
This is the table I have been looking for. and the price is very very fair!!!

i'm in heaven, thank you again,

Colores in canada