Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewing machine extension tables

Blog Entries
    I'm thinking about ordering a table from allbrands.com, they sell the Dream World extension tables. Has anyone ordered a table by this company, either from allbrands or some other company? Did it fit your machine? Did you have any other problems with the table?
    Sure appreciate any comments. Chris

Blog Entries
    That's the Sew Steady table? I love mine and got it from Allbrands. Because you give them the make and model of your machine it will be cut to fit. Luckily for me when I got my new machine I could make it fit that one too.

I find it very useful as I'm able to put it in the angle of two tables so I have a very large area level with the needle plate of my machine.

I love mine too. The only small issue is that I wish the legs extedned just 1/2 inch longer. It seems that mine is extended to its max and could go a little taller.

I got a table for my sewing machine from

www.sewingmates.com

It is an adjustable one that will fit many different machines. They are handmade by a couple on the west coast. It is a very small company. When it came there was a hand written note on the back thanking me for the purchase.

I like the fact that if I ever buy a new machine I don't have to get a new table.

Blog Entries
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by donac

www.sewingmates.com

It is an adjustable one that will fit many different machines. They are handmade by a couple on the west coast. It is a very small company. When it came there was a hand written note on the back thanking me for the purchase.

I like the fact that if I ever buy a new machine I don't have to get a new table.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gotthebug
    I love mine too. The only small issue is that I wish the legs extedned just 1/2 inch longer. It seems that mine is extended to its max and could go a little taller.
    Yeah, I've got a couple of Post-it note 2" sq pads under 2 of the legs on mine. I agree. Wonder if we could write and see if they do have such a thing?

Blog Entries
    I have the Sew Steady table to fit my Brother SE270D when the embroidery arm is off. I just told them which machine I had and they sent the right size. I did have to do a "special" order because some of the ones they keep in stock didn't fit my Brother. But I think that just meant they had to get it from their warehouse.

I love it. Makes so much difference especially when I'm sewing a large piece or strips.

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I have one from All Brands for my Brother XL2600. As said before, I told them the machine and it came. It fits great.

Quote Originally Posted by seweasy
    I'm thinking about ordering a table from allbrands.com, they sell the Dream World extension tables. Has anyone ordered a table by this company, either from allbrands or some other company? Did it fit your machine? Did you have any other problems with the table?
    Sure appreciate any comments. Chris
    Yes, in April I ordered this very table for my Husqvarna Viking Designer SE. It fits perfectly!!!! They say to allow 6 weeks for delivery but I received mine in about 4 weeks. When they ship it, they email you the tracking info.

I am very pleased with the table and the service. By the way, Allbrands had the best price.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by donac

www.sewingmates.com

I have the 24 x 24 of this table, love it, was a great price too.

I have several. two that fit in my sewing desk and one for my Bernina and one for my Pfaff. so 4!

Blog Entries
    Thanks, everyone! I will check out sewingmates.com but have a fairly new machine so I don't imagine I will be changing it anytime soon. Really appreciate the feedback, Chris

My acrylic table sits in a corner. Waste of 79 dollars.
    I have been checking out thrift stores and once in awhile you can find a sewing cabinet.
    You cant beat an old sewing cabinet with drawers for 35 dollars.

Blog Entries
    It's just hard to find the desks now and the new machines with the free arm, the machines won't fit the desks. I have a lightweight(take to class machine)Brother machine that came with a table and so I've gotten used to it. My at home machine is a Viking Emerald 183 and it didn't come with a table.
    I learned to sew on a 1960 era Singer, and my Mom had the machine desk. They were the best! I found one for my old Singer machine but it was so flimsy, one of my cats jumped up on the leaf of the table; the whole thing, machine and all tipped over. Of course, the cat only did it once, it scared him so bad he never got up on the table again!!! Chris

Blog Entries
    I have one for my Elna and love it! Fit like a dream!

Funny this topic should be brought up. I've seen it at Nancy's Notions again just this morning.

They are called Sew Steady Tables and you give them the type machine you have and they send it to fit. Takes about six weeks though to get one.

I have one for my Janome, one for my serger and one for my embroidery machine. My first one was purchased for $10 at a quilting garage sale at LQS, most well invested $10 ever spent.

I also have the table from www.sewingmates.com. It works wonderfully and fits all of my machines with just minor adjustments (and it is very simple to do the adjustments, just a matter of loosening a couple of screws, and moving the legs to higher or lower positions). The company was great to deal with. I am thinking of buying a larger table from them now (I have the 16"x16" size).

I have the 18 by 24 and love it. Even makes piecing easier because you just slide the pieces to the machine once you put the fabric down.

It took less than 2 weeks to get.

If anyone needs an extension table to fit one or several machines we are still in business here at Sewingmates.com and our tables are better than ever. Check out our testimonials page and give us a call if you have any questions. Satisfaction is guaranteed or you may return your table for a full refund. One table will fit all of your machines including a serger or embroidery unit. Convert any table into a sewing center and raise your sewing to a new level!!! Thanks to all of our customers for your very positive comments on this forum. We appreciate it. Barbara

Blog Entries
    I have to agree with everyone on the "sewingmates" table. It fits many different machines. You will not have to purchase a new table if you trade your machine or use different machines for sewing. A one time purchase. The quality and customer service are superior. I asked many questions before my purchase and Barbara was very accommodating. Barb even ensured that I had the table for a class that I was taking! You will not be disappointed.
    quilter711
    Nancy