Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
lose threads when you get done. >

lose threads when you get done.

lose threads when you get done.

Old 01-11-2010, 07:28 AM

I use a lint roller and trim all my threads as I go. I learned my lesson the hard way - nothing like trying to do that after you put your top together =0)
Old 01-11-2010, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by marykoch
what do you mean by fray check?
Fray Check is a liquid in a small squeeze bottle to put on threads to keep from fraying more. It dries clear but sometimes darkens the threads/fabric. It also ends up being a bit stiff, so be careful you don't put too much on. You can buy it in the fabric store.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by fireworkslover
Originally Posted by marykoch
what do you mean by fray check?
Fray Check is a liquid in a small squeeze bottle to put on threads to keep from fraying more. It dries clear but sometimes darkens the threads/fabric. It also ends up being a bit stiff, so be careful you don't put too much on. You can buy it in the fabric store.
Fray check is great to use in spots, like the edges of fabric, that will get hidden either in the seam or by applique. It does stiffen the fabric and I just run a tiny bead of it along the edge of any pesky fabrics that won't behave. It's also great to use if you are a cross-stitcher and don't want your linen or cloth to fray as you are working on it. It's basically like invisible glue and only cost a few dollars for a bottle, which lasts forever!
Old 01-12-2010, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
A quick run in the dryer with a static cling sheet works great and I don't have to do any work.
BellaBoo - my first visual in my brain was you running around in a big drum, but then you stated you weren't doing any work,loll!
Old 01-12-2010, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
A quick run in the dryer with a static cling sheet works great and I don't have to do any work.
BellaBoo - my first visual in my brain was you running around in a big drum, but then you stated you weren't doing any work,loll!
:lol: Now that's a funny mental image!
Old 01-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

fold a piece of material & when you come to the end of a sewm to sew onto that piece
That's called leaders and enders. Great way to have sew two different blocks at the same time.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:38 PM

Fray Check is a liquid which kind of seals the fabric from fraying. Look for it in the notions section.
Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 PM

fold a piece of material & when you come to the end of a sewm to sew onto that piece
That's called leaders and enders. Great way to have sew two different blocks at the same time.
I call mine Spiders and a friend calls her's Monkey Tails. I just love this method as it saves so much thread!
Old 01-17-2010, 04:59 AM

Jingleberry, I read somewhere that we should never store our quilts in plastic bag. Perhaps someone else here can tell us the reason why, as I don't remember. I just know it's not a good idea.
Old 01-17-2010, 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by dusty222
Jingleberry, I read somewhere that we should never store our quilts in plastic bag. Perhaps someone else here can tell us the reason why, as I don't remember. I just know it's not a good idea.
It's because cotton, as a natural fiber, needs to breathe and plastic bags that are sealed do not allow movement of air flow.