Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Lost the urge >

Lost the urge

Lost the urge

Old 11-12-2013, 07:31 AM

Seeing show and tell at our guild meetings of all the quilts every one has made, inspires me again.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:46 AM

I think we all have times like that. I have lots of hobbies that I enjoy like quilting, cross stitch, crochet, reading, and playing golf. It helps me to alternate from one to another instead of doing the same thing all the time. I don't know, maybe I have ADHD. It is turning cold here in Kentucky, so we just finished our golfing season. I am excited to get back to quilting. Maybe you need to learn something new for a hobby so you can do that for a while. I have heard that it is good for the brain to learn new things. Good luck on getting your mojo back.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I usually give all my machines a good cleaning/oiling when I don't feel like sewing. Then I am usually in the mood for a small project like place mats or runner just to make sure everyone is sewing well again after the cleaning.
This always seems to help me too. I find a quilting show or youtube videos get me in the mood.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:17 AM

sometimes I just set a small goal for myself to get started. Then amazingly, I don't want to quit. I go in spurts. Right now my crocheting is taking over. Don't worry about it. It will come back.
Old 11-12-2013, 08:46 AM

How about planning a 2014 BOM from either your LQS or an Online shop? .. that gives you time to get in the groove?
Old 11-12-2013, 10:18 AM

It happens. For me, it's a time to reorganize my sewing room, ending with the fabric itself. Something will usually click in there somewhere and get me started again but I think most of us have had a similar experience. Relax. The urge will return.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:51 AM

I am in the same rutt, I have so many things I want to do but just can't seem to find the will to start them. Yesterday I went in my sewing room for a while and put some things away but that's as far as it got.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:10 AM

Thanks everyone for the support. I have cleaned, straightened fabric, looked through patterns, and gnerally forced myself to just start moving again. I started making some Christmas tissue box covers, and that really helped. By the time I knew it, I had 4 of them, then just filled them all with Christmas chocolates, and mailed them out. Don't know why really, but it got me moving again. Today am working on a new quilt for a niece with Cancer....thinking I forgot just how lucky I have been.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
1) drive over to Sew Elegant. 2) pet the fabric & see if they have a small project on display to get you going again.
Seems to me a trip to my LQS always sparks my interest!
LOL! Yes, a trip to Sew Elegant sparks the quilting brain!
Old 11-12-2013, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by rusty quilter View Post
Don't know what happened, but I don't have the urge to quilt right now...but I do love quilting. It is the holiday season, and I so want to get back into the groove. Any suggestions as to what can I do to get the spirit back?
Check out google images or yahoo images, using variations on the word quilt, red quilt, square quilt, round quilt, tow color quilt, Christmas quilt, etc. for inspiration?