Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
For the love of JUKI!!!!! >

For the love of JUKI!!!!!

For the love of JUKI!!!!!

Old 10-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by toverly View Post
Congrats on your new machine! That is the one I am looking into right now. I have a friend with one and she is letting me try it out on Tuesday. Did you order thru a dealer on online?
I bought mine online! It is the only machine I would do that with! You get some darn good deals! You will love it!! Your friend is awfully kind to let you play with her machine!!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:20 PM

I do feel lucky, I have my practice "fabric sandwiches" ready to go. I have several friends with Juki's, she is the only one who purchased recently enough to have a model still being made. I have looked for a used one for a while and they just don't come up that often. There are no close Juki dealers so, I can go anywhere.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:36 PM

I love my Juki TL98Q, I can't tell you how many quilts she's done...they are excellent machines!!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 05:26 PM

Julia are workhorses the manuals being vague is the most common complaint. I just / saw their sergers in action they were impressive
Old 10-14-2013, 06:26 AM

Congratulations! I know you are going to love love love your machine! I have the Juki 2000 (I decided the extra features of the 2010 were not worth the extra $$$ for me)
I love my Juki and several of my friends have either gotten or will be getting a Juki 2000/10 soon.
I will say that I did buy a few extra feet for my Juki - a 1/4" guide foot, a 1/4" foot with no guide (for doing those quick short cuts where you sew on the line or 1/4" away from the line) and a binding attachment. Love all of those. If you are interested in getting those, I got them from ngosew on Ebay.
[h=1]Top Stitching Foot with Spring Guide Industrial[/h]TOP CLEAN BOTTOM RAW BINDER 32mm
Wide Edge Presser foot - 1/4"

I also got a bunch of bobbins on Ebay for next to nothing and an extra bobbin case.

Have fun with your machine!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:33 AM

Thanks alot!! I got a ton of bobbins and needles with my purchase but yes I need a 1/4 in foot!! So thanks for the link!!!
Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
Congratulations! I know you are going to love love love your machine! I have the Juki 2000 (I decided the extra features of the 2010 were not worth the extra $$$ for me)
I love my Juki and several of my friends have either gotten or will be getting a Juki 2000/10 soon.
I will say that I did buy a few extra feet for my Juki - a 1/4" guide foot, a 1/4" foot with no guide (for doing those quick short cuts where you sew on the line or 1/4" away from the line) and a binding attachment. Love all of those. If you are interested in getting those, I got them from ngosew on Ebay.
Top Stitching Foot with Spring Guide Industrial

TOP CLEAN BOTTOM RAW BINDER 32mm
Wide Edge Presser foot - 1/4"

I also got a bunch of bobbins on Ebay for next to nothing and an extra bobbin case.

Have fun with your machine!!
Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 AM

I definitely recommend that seller. You will probably want to splurge and get both of those feet I mentioned. They are not very expensive so it's really worth it. I use both of them all the time. I tried two other sellers before that and got wonky feet that didn't fit right - they were crooked when put on! Who wants to piece slightly off? Not me.

Also... if you don't like binding quilts, check out the binding attachment. The top clean bottom raw one is perfect for 2 1/2" strips folded in half. I have a youtube video on using it if it helps. A few people asked me to do a video of it. I can bind a massive quilt in no time now.. I hate hand stitching. I used to glue baste the bindings and that was awesome until I got the binder attachment.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:46 AM

Yeah I just looked at the page it is a really good deal!! That's funny you hate hand stitching bindings cause that is my fave!! Lol too funny!! But I will watch the video it might be worth trying as far as like charity quilts or donation quilts!!thanks for all ur ideas it's awesome!! I posted a thread about something we as quilters wish to improve on, and I would live to hear what u would say!! So go post something!!! Lol have a great day!!
Originally Posted by Yarn or Fabric View Post
I definitely recommend that seller. You will probably want to splurge and get both of those feet I mentioned. They are not very expensive so it's really worth it. I use both of them all the time. I tried two other sellers before that and got wonky feet that didn't fit right - they were crooked when put on! Who wants to piece slightly off? Not me.

Also... if you don't like binding quilts, check out the binding attachment. The top clean bottom raw one is perfect for 2 1/2" strips folded in half. I have a youtube video on using it if it helps. A few people asked me to do a video of it. I can bind a massive quilt in no time now.. I hate hand stitching. I used to glue baste the bindings and that was awesome until I got the binder attachment.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:53 AM

Here is a link to the video tutorial on YouTube. I know we aren't suppose to send you outside of the board but I don't know how to imbed a huge video. If it were a quick one I'd use the button here but it's a long video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTIQ7...WqELzH5svT-EYA
Old 10-14-2013, 09:53 AM

Congratulations. I know you will love it. I have it's first cousin, the Brother PQ1500 -- actually it's a clone of the Juki. I love it. Like you, I've never broken a needle or gotten a nest of thread underneath. While using some 20 years old Walmart thread the other day, I did have some thread breakage, but the thread was marked 5/$1.00, so certainly not quality. Do be sure to oil the machine regularly. I was advised by someone on this board to oil it with every 4th bobbin change. I've followed that advice and never had a problem.