Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
LQS experience >

LQS experience

LQS experience

Old 02-04-2011, 09:14 AM

I went to a LQS in my DM's city yesterday and had such a postive experience. I wasn't welcomed when I entered the store, but ALL the help was assisting other customers. As soon as someone was free they came right over and asked me if I needed any help. I browsed thru the store and saw so many wonderful fabrics with so many ideas going thru my head. They have their fabric arranged so well and have displays of possible projects to make with the different fabric lines. This store carries Christmas fabric year round(the fabric sales people were in showing their NEW lines yesterday) and they have a wide selection of Batiks, 30's repros, flannels, different types(i.e., animals, foods, polka dots, flowers, stripes, plaids & others), and also a nice selection of "sales" fabrics. The prices were marked $9.50/yd. and less (except for the wide backing fabrics) which seems the norm in our area. I throughly enjoy going to this shop each time I'm in the area visiting my Mom. I know this shop wasn't HIGH on another board member's lists a couple of weeks ago and I also said something to the saleslady about their experience not being a positive one. They were willing to spend a lot of money on this shopping trip. I personally have NEVER had this problem there. I will continue to shop at this quilt shop and I would hope that this other board member give them another chance. Everyone has a "bad" day and it could have been one of those days.
The woman setting behind the check-out counter is the owner of the shop and was giving a customer help in directing them to the website of Hancocks of Paducah for the particular fabric she was looking for. I appreciate it when another business sends me somewhere else if they don't have what I'm looking for. This was a good experience for me and I had a wonderful time feeling the fabric and yes even buying some to bring home with me, lol!!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:17 AM

I am glad to read of your experience. I'm hoping to get back to that shop in April when I'm with DH visiting relatives. I enjoyed my first visit there a few years back and found a lot of beautiful fabrics that I hadn't seen in New England shops.
Old 02-04-2011, 09:19 AM

I just have to add...I just drooled over their selection of YLI silk threads. Would have loved to have bought them all but suffered and only bought the one color I needed for a project. And patterns...oh my. If you can't find a purse pattern there, you must not need a purse!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:19 AM

I love visiting any business where I walk out feeling like I just left a friend's house. Glad you had a great time!
Old 02-04-2011, 09:37 AM

It's great to hear of such a good experience. It sounds like they understand the concept of customer service. It's too bad someone else didn't have as good an experience, and hopefully that was just an isolated incident.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with us :D:D:D