Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which machine do you use? >

Which machine do you use?

Which machine do you use?

Old 02-01-2015, 08:38 AM

I just purchased a Baby Lock Crescendo yesterday and this will be my main machine. I now need to get rid of some of my other machines. I have Sapphire 875 and a Bernina Activa 130 that I'm going to sell on CL. I have some vintage machines also that I will list. I do need to downsize.
Old 02-01-2015, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
I love my Featherweight for the straight stitch it makes. I usually use my Janome 9500 for other things such as fancy stitches and embroidery. My LAQ machine is an old Singer model 66
Now THAT rocks!!!
Old 02-01-2015, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by dcamarote View Post
I have to share something. I just got a new Baby Lock Journey and what an incredible machine it is. Sewed on it today for the first time. I think I have died and gone to heaven!
Here is my question; which machine do you favor and why?
About 12 yrs. ago I bought a Baby Lock Esante which had been reconditioned. It was awesome, but at that time I wasn't sewing much and the quilt bug hadn't hit me yet. It was a heavy machine, too. So, about 5 yrs. ago I sold it to a friend and bought a Janome which fit my needs fine. But, I missed my Baby Lock, its smoothness. Now that I'm doing more sewing than ever I bought a Bernina 350PE. I didn't go to the Baby Lock dealer in a fabric store b/c their service dept. was lacking and another alternative to Baby L. service was about 30 miles away. I can imagine how much you love your new machine!!!! I loved my Esante when I had it, and congratulations on a wonderful purchase! Angela
Old 02-01-2015, 10:32 AM

I forgot to mention I have a Featherweight which I use for our quilting bee, and a couple of Singer 301s
Old 02-01-2015, 10:32 AM

I have a Singer 401A I have had for 57 years that is still my go to machine. I have a Brother SQ 9000 that i like a lot but still like to work with the 401A the best.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:47 AM

I have a Baby Lock Crescendo and so far have not found anything I don't like doing on it so have packed my other machines away for now. It is great for piecing - very accurate 1/4" seam and my favorite is free motion quilting on it. The fabric just glides along and the stitches are perfect. Love it! The only thing is the machine is way too heavy to bring to class so will use one of my other machines for that.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:34 PM

I have 3 Babylocks - Elizabeth, Ellura and Ellisimo Gold. I love the Ellisimo and I haven't learned all it can do yet!
It might even make my coffed in the morning if I can figure out how to program it. haha
Old 02-01-2015, 01:35 PM

Wow, how can I choose my favorite? They are ALL my favorites for different reasons. I have three FW's which I use a lot, an older Rocketeer for all those great cam stitches, my mom's old Kenmore, two Brothers and my beautiful, new Brother Serger. Life is good in my quilting studio!
Old 02-01-2015, 01:46 PM

I have a Babylock Ellissimo Gold II and a Babylock Inspiration Serger. Love them both.
Jo Ann
Old 02-01-2015, 01:55 PM

I bought a Pfaff 2120 over 10 yrs ago and that is MY go-to machine. Heavy like the old machines. Husband sews on a Baby Lock Elegante---I use it for button holes--can't beat it! Take my featherweight to friends house for sewing.