Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine-embroidering texts (for quilt labels) - questions >

Machine-embroidering texts (for quilt labels) - questions

Machine-embroidering texts (for quilt labels) - questions

Old 10-06-2010, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by cindyg
I also have the Horizon but I haven't done any labels on it yet. I did make labels with my 6600. On the Janome site they have tutorials for the Horizon so you might want to see if embroidered alphabet is on there. Check with your dealer, too. Mine gives free lessons.
Thank you for pointing me to the Janome site, cindy! I didn't know they have tutorials. Will go check those out.

My dealer does offer lessons and the first two are free, but he's booked up quite a bit in advance.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 PM

I do this all the time, but my machine is also an embroidery machine. Rather than using the fonts in the machine (which is a PITA), I use a computer program called Embird to design and resize. Once I'm happy with it, I transfer it to my machine, stabilize, hoop and embroider it. If you want or need to work with the preloaded fonts in your machine, it would be a two-step process (or at least on my machine it is). You would have to spell out your message, then switch to the sizing screen. Mine is in mm (PITA). When you think you have it, save in memory and stitch out. You might have to do several stitchouts to get the result you want. Maybe you can call your dealer and schedule a time for her to work with you on that feature.