Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine Embroidery Software >

Machine Embroidery Software

Machine Embroidery Software

Old 07-04-2012, 02:56 PM

Default Machine Embroidery Software

Not sure where to post this.

For the big question, what machine embroidery software (management program) do you use and why?
Would you recommend it to people to buy or to stay away from?

I am looking for a program to purchase and there are several out there. I have downloaded a trial of BuzzXplore and am loving it. They let you print and all sorts of things with the trial! It is awesome and I know that there are several other trials I can download. The problem is that I just want to make a decision and get it done.

I was thinking if I asked about the pros and cons here, I would get some well-rounded opinions.

TIA
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 PM

I have embird and love that, I am sure they have a trial period as well
Just Google Embird as I am not sure of the web site I think it is called

Secrets of Embroidery
Old 07-04-2012, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

Not sure what you mean by "management program". Are you looking for something to organize your design files, or actually create embroidery designs?
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kamaiarigby View Post
I have embird and love that, I am sure they have a trial period as well
Just Google Embird as I am not sure of the web site I think it is called

Secrets of Embroidery
I got my Embird from there also, several years ago. They do have a 30 day trial or so many clicks but I highly recommend it.
One of the most important things to get is the iconizer. If your get font engine, you can use true type fonts.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:48 PM

I Use Buzz tools as a secondary tool. I love it as well. I can convert whole folders full of folders full of designs in one click to a different format when necessary. I can see the designs as well, and when my primary program (4D by Viking) says a pattern is corrupt, 9 times out of 10 Buzz can read it and convert it. Pays to have a backup, even a free program, because all of them have little glitches. I love 4D organizer (like Embird iconizer) for viewing, cut, copy, paste, deleting individual designs, duplicates, etc. I also do alot of editing in Stitch Editor and other parts of 4D. Haven't done any editing with Buzz but I know you can. Buzz and Embird don't require a dongle, and that is awesome. If I hadn't gotten 4D with purchase of my Viking machine, I probably wouldn't have considered buying it because it is $$$, but it is a great program. I have no complaints, but I haven't ever lost the dongle, either!
Old 07-04-2012, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Not sure what you mean by "management program". Are you looking for something to organize your design files, or actually create embroidery designs?
At this time, I am just looking to organize, not design. Of course, I always say I am just looking to do this one little thing and promise that I wont get carried away with it.....and then....well you know how that goes!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:20 PM

I use Designers Gallery Studio III. Love it, it does tons . Check it out, www.designersgallery.com.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Power Poster

All the applications mentioned are wonderful, but their purpose is to change or create embroidery designs. If you just want to see the designs on your PC, I would have recommended Pulse Ambassador, which was a free application, but it looks like it's no longer available.
You can try truesizer, which is also free.
http://wilcom-truesizer.en.softonic.com/
As far as organizing, I don't know of any software that does that for you. YOu need to set up appropriately named folders on your hard drive and be obsessive about using them. You will accumulate hundreds of design files before you know it, so it pays to come up with a system from the start.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM

Lets try this again. Designers Gallery Studio III is and has always been designed to organize your designs. It does not create a design ( you would need ditigizing software for that.) You can brouse your computer to see your designs or you can catalog them. Thus only viewing what you choose. There is nothing out there that automaticaly organizes for you. You still need to put your designs where you want them. Such as....sports, christmas, cutwork, in the hoop ect. Point being, you are in charge of where they go. You can also create notes about your designes, like which thread you used and what changes you made and so on. This file will store with the design, no searching for it randomly. I could continue but I think you get the drift. Embrilliance Thumbnailer is pretty nice as well. Doesn't do all that Designers Gallery Studio IIII will do, but still nice.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 AM

I went with 5D Pro. I was going to go with the mid level 5D knowing that the bottom level I would be bored with really soon. Then there was a special on the 5D Pro and I saw what all it could do and I knew I wanted that one. I don't like to limit myself and them spend more later upgrading. I wanted to be able to create my cutwork needle designs and do the portrait stitch designs and create and much, much more so I went with the pro. It'll take me awhile to learn it all but that's ok; I'd rather have the software waiting for me to learn it then me wanting something more to learn and have to wait unil I can afford more. I think it's a good program and I guess the only con is that it is expensive but it does so much. Before I got this I was looking at the free ERA software program, only I would have spent the 15 and gotten the CD because it also has a manual on it to make it easier.