Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Machine froze up, I found the problem

I would be afraid of taking my machine apart like that. The only one I do that with is my featherweight, because the book has such good instructions about oiling.the machine and you need to take it partly apart to do it . But good for you. That probably saved you big bucks. :)

Blog Entries
    I congratulate you on having the gumption to jump in and take it apart. I do all my own maintenance (after the warranty has expired of course!) Sometimes I even work on other machines for people but only if I am confident I won't cause more problems than I can fix. Computerized machines are where I draw the line!

Power Poster
    Good for you. You ae now a quilter and a quilt machine repair person. Isn't it nice to save money because you decided to look at it yourself first and now you realize how little it actually costs to sometimes repair a problem. You are right. It probably would have cost you about $200.00.

Yay So glad you are back up and running

Dee
    Good job. Saved a bundle.

Blog Entries
    Most things I own have been out of their warranty for years.. So, no matter what it is, if it's not going to work anymore, then I'm going to take it apart and see what I can see. You'd be amazed at how many things can be fixed once you get in there and see!! or perhaps you will find that they are never going to work again no matter what.. Either way, you're better off..

Good job, BellaBoo.. Saved yourself a good many dollars!!

good for you now you can come fix mine i am about ready to throw it away i keep kicking myself for not getting extended warranty guess i will have to take it to local singer shop now i know why everyone has back up machines.

Thanks for sharing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2