Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Make a carrying bag for a twin-size quilt

Make a carrying bag for a twin-size quilt

Has anyone made a bag for a quilt? I guess I can use any bag pattern, but just wondered if there are any hints out there.

I just make a pillow slip. so cant help with bag. Happy Mothers Day, joyce j

My thought was pillowase, too. I guess you could fold the quilt, take some measurements and make a basic tote bag.

There is a pattern I used for my kids, can't remember the name now, but i will try to find it for you. It starts out flat but you can draw it up to carry a sleeping bag, blankets etc.

Blog Entries
    I would make a standard or queen size pillowcase type. You can try the quilt in a pillowcase you have and see what size works best then go to YouTube for the measurements.
    Joyce

Four things you can't recover: The stone.....after the throw. The word......after its said. The occasion.....after its missed. The time......after its gone

I made a bag that worked well. It just measured my folded quilt and went from there. A pillowcase would work too, as I put my last charity quilt in a matching pillowcase. Seemed like a good idea.

Dina

Blog Entries
    that's what i would do, measure the folded quilt and make it as deep as you need. three or four inches bottom should work well.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

I have its been awhile, I just made a large shopping bag design,
    my mom now using it to store the quilt in the summertime.
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !