Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Making Labels

Do any of you print your labels on you computer rather than just hand writing the information? I am interested in trying it but don't know what the best/easiest method might be. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    You can buy fabric that is pretreated to run through your inkjet printer. Then treat it with Bubble Jet Set :D:D:D

I have printed pics on my computer for a quilt so I don't see why you can't print labels. I had to use special fabric sheets though. I got them at Hancock fabrics.

You can actually print on ordinary fabrics, backing them with wax paper as some do. Or Wonder Under or such if you want it to be fusible. Some fabrics print better than others. The ink should heat set just fine. Testing is always your best bet.

Fabric needs to be pretreated for the printing to go well. There is a formula for it someplace. Kona makes a prepared for dying fabric, it is sold by the yard. You can also get packaged sheets, some are made by June Tailor. You will need to use an ink jet printer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Lindy
    Do any of you print your labels on you computer rather than just hand writing the information? I am interested in trying it but don't know what the best/easiest method might be. Any suggestions? Thanks!
    You can buy special fabric that you can use ANY printer, I know because I have used it and it work great. The name is Premium Printable Fabric Sheets. If your shop does not have it you can order it on line at www.accraft.com.au They are based in Australia and the pack has 5-A4sheetes of 200count, 100%cotton. It is fully washable and they also have CD's with lots of printable labels for you to down load then print out what ever you want. You can write whatever you want as well. Have a go and check them out, it is worth the effort.